Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Muma
New Contributor

Ocd teen

Hello, my teenage daughter has OCD and maybe Orthorexia. We have a 2 week wait to see the recommended psychiatrist. Any suggestions on how to help her until then? She has severe tics (facial grimaces and hand jerking) and compulsions (food checking)  that are upsetting for her younger siblings and we are all soo worried about her but know if we mention food habits etc it makes it worse.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ocd teen

hello and welcome @Muma 

soo good to see you here my friend

letting you know you are not alone xx

will tag @Faith-and-Hope  and @Ali11 

@Muma, how are you this afternoon my friend xx

Ali11
Community Builder

Hi @Muma,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing what your family are going through at the moment. Worrying about your daughter and how best to support her is totally understandable. Many here will also be able to relate to the worry of waiting for an appointment and we hope that you and your family can continue to comfort and support each other. If you have not already read the guide, you may find some helpful tips in the SANE fact sheet on OCD. There is also some great advice and information in the fact sheet about families, friends and carers.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.