Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

Hi @creative_writer 

I hope you get your assignment done. It sounds like it is a big one! 

Sending hugs

Hanami ❤️

@tyme I’ve already started section one. I think I’ll just focus on that section for today and try to finish it. Then there is section 2, 3 intro and conclusion for the weekend. Lots to do. My head was feeling heavy and still feels a bit, washing my hair and taking a shower helped a bit.

@hanami it is a big one. It’s worth 50% of my grade

❤️

Ooh that is a biggie! I'm sure you'll get it done and go well. It's a great feeling when you wrap up that final bit of an assessment.

❤️

@hanami ❤️ just hoping the best. Really need a break. It’s been a crazy week. I am mentally and physically exhausted. Uni has kept me distracted today, don’t know what’s going to happen after I finish, a little worried.

How does one stop looking for safety in relationships and just feel safe within themselves? Right now I feel like being held like a kid and feeling protected. How do I get rid of this desire and just protect myself?

Get to know yourself @creative_writer .....

I had such an unrealistic idea of self-identity. When I realise who I really was and what I was capable of doing, I felt less of a need to depend on someone else.

In my life, I'd often swing from co-dependence to taking a carer role? Why? I learnt that this was because there was still a lot of learn about myself so that I could be satisfied with me being me.

I'm hearing you @creative_writer 

@tyme the thing is I don't ever want to depend on anyone and never have since there was never someone to depend on. I've been completely avoidant my entire life. I just hate it when I get these desires, like why don't they go away? Why do I need people? If people can live in caves by themselves, why am I not capable of just living a happy solitary life?

Do people live alone in caves? @creative_writer  Is that how they were made to live?

@tyme I am just saying there are many people out there who are more than happy to be alone and don't feel the need to seek support from others. It'll be easier on myself and everyone else around me. When I get frustrated, I start taking out my irritability on other people.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.