cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting a partner in a crisis

Highlighted
Community Elder

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

I found it interesting that "Beyond Good and Evil" had short numbered paragraphs. Not sure if you have read it.  I have only read a few chapters.  I like Nietzche in small doses.

Woman Happy

I am really sorry that your sleep is that bad @Jacques

panic attacks are terrible.

I have had a lot of trouble with sleep until last couple of years.  Now my meds help me regulate it.

Have you discussed it with your doctor?

Senior Contributor

Hi @Jacques

I have not heard the term self serving panic attacks,  are you able to explain to me what you mean by this?

Darcy

Community Elder

hi @Darcy,

sorry i was not so clear, it probably isn't a medical term, it is just the only way i can describe it, what i call self serving panic attacks is getting anxous about getting anxous about something, so i get panic attacks of a night about different things, now i find i start to have panic attacks about 30 min before i got to bed because i know i will have a panic attack when i try to go to sleep. 

does that make any sense? im not sure anymore, all i know is night times terrify me now, they cause so much stress and so much damage to my health both mentally and physically

Senior Contributor

@Jacques 

Think I have it ... an anticipatory panic attack about the likelihood that you will have a panic attack because you afraid of the dark ...

Senior Contributor

@Jacques

images (61).jpeg

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.