Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

I found it interesting that "Beyond Good and Evil" had short numbered paragraphs. Not sure if you have read it.  I have only read a few chapters.  I like Nietzche in small doses.

Woman Happy

I am really sorry that your sleep is that bad @Jacques

panic attacks are terrible.

I have had a lot of trouble with sleep until last couple of years.  Now my meds help me regulate it.

Have you discussed it with your doctor?

Hi @Jacques

I have not heard the term self serving panic attacks,  are you able to explain to me what you mean by this?

Darcy

hi @Former-Member,

sorry i was not so clear, it probably isn't a medical term, it is just the only way i can describe it, what i call self serving panic attacks is getting anxous about getting anxous about something, so i get panic attacks of a night about different things, now i find i start to have panic attacks about 30 min before i got to bed because i know i will have a panic attack when i try to go to sleep. 

does that make any sense? im not sure anymore, all i know is night times terrify me now, they cause so much stress and so much damage to my health both mentally and physically

@Jacques 

Think I have it ... an anticipatory panic attack about the likelihood that you will have a panic attack because you afraid of the dark ...

@Jacques

images (61).jpeg

hello @Jacques HeartHeart

Hi my dear friend @Shaz51 and Mr Shaz, I hope things are going OK for you and Mr Shaz, my partner is still in the MHU, but she is keeping her spirits up and I'm supporting her as much as I can, she is so strong and we are now going for a walk each day to keep each other motivated

images (83).jpeg

Sorry it is pink @Jacques

hi everyone, my partner made an attempt on her life today, some inconsiderate person made fun of women being raped and she got really upset, how are we ever going to change the mind set in ment to respect women, when the attitues are so set in. i wish women would stop being blamed for mens inability to control their urges, women are not property they are huma nbeings, and deserve to be treated equaly to everyone else, no man has the right to ever force them selves onto a woman, under any curcumstances, and i wish more women would speak up and have these men arrested for the crimes they commit. 

im so devistated i could not stop her making an attempt, i thought my love and caring would be enough, i am keeping her safe tonight, the nursing staff in the MHU are not up to caring for her. i so wish there was more staff training and more education for all mental health professionals on what we go through every day, i know no one can ever truly understand what it is like if they have never experianced it. sorry for the rant. im so upset

Oh @Jacques I am so very sorry to hear this, sitting here if you need to 'talk' more.

Remember there is the suicide support line if you need to talk to someone in person.

https://www.suicideline.org.au/resource/supporting-someone-after-suicide-attempt/

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.