Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

hi @Former-Member yes my partner is in the MHU a lot of ups and downs, just trying to keep her safe and encourage her to see the positives, that is all i can do, im not sleeping much, partly from worrying, partly because of my own problems. 

it is hard, but i love her so so much.

so it is worth all my time and effort and i have no regrets

Hi @Jacques

Checking in - can I gently encourage you to do a little something today in the self care department? How is the walking and no cola going?

Hi @Former-Member, gosh you are so lovely checking in on me, when I read your message I got a nice coffee from a Cafe to treat myself. And I got my hair done.

I'm walking every day and I'm restricting my cola intake, none at home now, so I'm going really good with no cola, but I weighed myself on the weekend, I was 20kg over what I thought I was, so I was pretty upset about that

@Jacques  I avoid the scales. Last time I got on I was not happy either. I am sure your bod is thanking you in other ways for the healthy habits you have developed. 

I try to avoid the scales too @Jacques, @Former-Member

With kidney disease and diabetes, finding it a bit hard at the moment with lots of appts to go too 

@Jacques @Shaz51

Getting on scales = 😬

Realising we are fabbo no matter what we weigh = 😀😀😀

Your so kind @Former-Member, yes I agree it can make more problems than it solves. I am very disheartened, but I've made a commitment to walk every day so I will🙂

@Jacques checking in

@Zorro how are you going Bro? How are things with your Mrs?

hi @Former-Member and @Shaz51 thank you for checking in, i have been really busy supporting my partner, her entire treating team has quit 3 places have ceased support for her, so i am trying to pick up the load, gosh the mental health system is so broken, im feeling really hopless of it and the support it can offer 😞

@Jacques 

Is your partner back home?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.