Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lee82
Senior Contributor

Tough Times

I thought I'd open up this discussion for anyone going through a rough time at the moment and want to get some extra support. 
I am struggling a lot at the moment dealing with a range of things. One thing a struggle with is Anxiety. This is something I deal with everyday. I wake up with it every morning and fall asleep (when I sleep) with it every night. Some days are worse than other days. Distractions play a big part in coping with it daily. At the moment being stuck at home schooling my kids is my biggest distraction. It helps most of the time however sometimes it can be a real struggle to stay present and calm. We as a family try to go for a walk everyday. We take our family dog with us. Another distraction for me is cooking but this can be a challenge as I struggle with motivating myself but when I get into it I create some nice things. Today my 8year old son and I made oat based banana and chic chip muffins. 😋😋

I hope everyone's day has been a good day filled with self care and motivation. 
@Former-Member @Angels333 @Sans911 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Snowie @eth @outlander @nashy @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @BlueBay 

And anyone else who I have missed. All are welcome to join. 

1,958 REPLIES 1,958

Re: Tough Times

Hi @Lee82 

I can relate to a lot of what you have written.

I am glad you have different coping strategies in place to help you with your anxiety. It sounds like your kids play a big part in your life.

nashy
Senior Contributor

Oh! @Lee82 I would love to see a pic of the oatmeal banana and choc chip muffins (providing nothing identifible is in the picSmiley Very Happy) This is such a cool activity to do with the little ones Heart I empathise with staying present and calm, especially with all that's happening in the world. Am reading this really cool book right now, Atomic Habits, don't know if you've come across it? It talks about falling in love with the process of things. Really hit home. Thanks for sharing this..and please know we've all got your back in this journey Smiley Very Happy

They are the center of my world @Snowie . The main reason why I keep going. They can be challenging at times especially when I am having a very bad day but I love them to bits. 
I am sorry to hear you also struggle with the same things snowie. How has your day been? 

I also have two children @Lee82 and are the reason why I am still going. They bring a smile to your face even on your toughest days.

I am glad you have them and they are lucky to have such a loving mother.

My day has been okish.

806305E9-D9F9-4971-BA1F-4FA59448B5A3.jpeg

Healthy Choc Chip and Banana Muffins. They are made with oats instead of flour and not a lot of sugar. They were ok...not enough of the bad stuff in them to make them really yummy...lol @nashy 

I haven't heard of that book but will check it out. Thanks Nashy 

Thanks @Snowie. Are you doing homeschooling too? 

Yes @Lee82 My kids are both in high school however so are managing without a lot of input from me. The younger ones needs reminders to stay on track but they are going ok.

Its pretty good when they are pretty much independent however a good push every now and then is definitely needed. @Snowie 

Night time is coming and my anxiety is beginning to climb. Hate the nights. 
hope your night is going ok snowie. 

Do you have any things that you can do to help with the anxiety @Lee82 ?

I find nights hard too, I think after trrying to manage all day, it comes to a peak at night.

My night is going like the last week has, terrible, but am trying to use some strategies to help myself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.