Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Pollyotter
Senior Contributor

Truth or Truth?

Do not enter this if you are triggered by the conversation surrounding rape . I am startng this disscution after an horrible person almost cost the end of a very kind man with out thinking about her actions... 

I have been through several forms of abuse in my life and hey look I am still here. As a lesbian woman comming from a country where being gay isnt really accepted you watch your back front and sides as much as you can. Ever heard of correctional rape? 

Lets talk about false accusations…

Saying some one did something or said something but they didnt…

Actual event.

Employer gets accused and was told that he is a rapist. His name is pulled through the mudd after a very cruel person said on social media that he is a rapist. What in the heck. Then My radar goes up as someone who has been raped.So I go through flashbacks , panic attacks and night terrors with the feeling of . Is this man who I have trusted going to do to me what I am still trying to recover from?. Then I go ohhhh no no no…

It took me about 2 days to calm my mind down with all my own stuff coming back to eat at me . But then when I stopped focusing on myself and seeing what is in front of me. This man is torn up and not in the way of oh shoot someone will catch on. He was hurt and felt so bad about himself. He has been helping women in crisis for years and then this happened… I saw then what it does to a guy if he is accused of such bad behaviour and he is innocent . As someone who has been raped I wanted to highlight how this is a huge problem that is currently going on. Not only because you make it harder for survivors to come out and say that I need help . But what are you doing to innocent people who are going through so much mental health issues because of this .

Think before you say stuff like this as you don't know the after effect of your words.

I think that I was caught up in a world of my own suffering while this gentle giant was going through something he didn't deserve and this is why I am writing this to you as we are in this winter time in Australia. We as survivors sometimes declare war on the same kind of person who hurt us. I understand declaring war against rapist yes fine but not all men are rapists.

What I am asking is if you have been accused of something that you legit didnt do. I would like to hear from you. As someone who has been raped I would like to just say that I am sorry for what you have gone through . I want this kind of infromation because this topic needs to be talked about. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Truth or Truth?

You raise really important points.

@Pollyotter 

Re: Truth or Truth?

@Appleblossem
It's something that got my attention and I noticed that is dosnt get much attention in the world
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.