Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

acting out of character

has anyone ever been doing something that is really out of character for them and not known why they were doing it at all? 

like ok sorry this may get long but please bare with me anyway i realised i have been picking fights kind of online and idk why because usually i avoid conflict online like the plague and well not just online anywhere but yeah idk why i just keep arguing with random strangers and idk why i am not enjoying it it is annoying me a lot but then it is like oh i actually started it and i didnt even realise i have been doing this for a couple of days until tonight and i just want to talk to everyone like about anything and everything and even last night i was up until 6am just randomly talking to strangers online and i guess i am doing it again now lol what even am i doing but like why and why do i feel like i am going to explode i dont understand like ok maybe i have been stressed a lot but i am always stressed a lot and this doesnt usually happen and i just feel so weird like all jittery but not in a scared way like buzzed like someone has just injected me with electricity and i am going around zapping things. anyway darn now i lost my train of thought um ok i am just going to end this here cause i cant remember but yeah has anyone ever done something weird like this? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: acting out of character

Good morning @Eden1919 !

Thanks so much for writing in about how you're feeling recently, I think a lot of people will be able to relate as sometimes this can happen out of the blue and its a little bit confusing when it does! Don't worry, it is totally normal to feel a little bit off than how you usually do, but it is very important to check in with yourself and see where the root cause of this may be coming from, and seek help accordingly. Sometimes it can be easily fixed with some self care, but other times we might need some professional help.

Has anything happened recently that could have triggered you to feel this way? Maybe even something small that you might not have realised could have left you feeling a certain way and hence why you seem to be feeling a little agitated? 

If not, it could be a lack of something that you need. Maybe some extra self care would be beneficial for you to try and relax your current state of mind, and even through actions such as meditation, you can sometimes be able to pin point why you may be feeling like this. Whatever your body and mind need, take time to do something that you think will help, and make sure to reach out to others as well. 

All the best,

Amber22

i dont think i have a substance abuse issue @Question  it wasnt that serious in terms of the actual arguments there was no swearing or anything mean directed at anyone else it was just that i found it weird that usually i would have just stopped the conversation when it started to get that way but i didnt these last few days and more so i was asking questions that i knew could cause an argument like i didnt mean to start it exactly but i knew it was a possibility and i still probably shouldnt have asked in the first place. 

@amber22  yeah i am not sure what is causing it but i am more agitated the last few days i guess i will just have to take some time to figure out what to do.  

I think it's not just you. There's a lot of indications that the internet is in the "Gamergate II" period. It's a whole weird side-chapter to the culture war. There's a new breed of troll tactics and one portion of the gaming/twitch/etc community is teaming up with trolls while the other portions are brigading against the troll teams. It's all a bit silly.

Ii will say, though, it's kind of nice that since 2016 (the first gamergate) a lot of us have become more troll-proof. Because people interested in growing tend to grow (and the new troll tricks aren't actually that new.) In that way, Gamergate II is kind of empowering. But, it's silly. It's all very silly.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.