Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th October,7 pm-8:30pm AEDT

What you explained @JulianSpectrum 

makes sense. I struggle very much with self esteem m, confidence and self love. 

Re: Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th October,7 pm-8:30pm AEDT

@BlueBay Yes, it's quite different in many ways in terms of the focus and how it may feel to do the treatment. MBT is not without its challenges either. In many ways the treatments can compliment each other. I've known some people who have done DBT and then gone on to find MBT useful, and similarly, for some, MBT was a good starting point and then they later found DBT useful too.

@Judi9877 I am really sorry to hear you have had to experience that. It must not be easy at all Smiley Sad 

It just seems never ending @JulianSpectrum 

to me i feel very lost and that I'll never recover. And that's scary. 

@Judi9877 Sorry to hear of your experiences here. This is why it's so important that we, as clinicians, learn to 'flip the script' and reframe things here too as I can't imagine that it's helpful to be called manipulative.

@BlueBay We will be addressing the different types of treatments available for people with BPD and the perception of a 'golden' treatment for BPD in a little, which I think you might find interesting Smiley Happy 

Hi @Peonies @JulianSpectrum @BlueBay @BPDSurvivor @Maggie  it's hard when I hear that I'm manipulative at times and that I do things to get attention. I'm to the point where I refuse to go to specific hospitals because of the treatment I get when I mention I have BPD. Its hard for all involved but I'm okay.

@BlueBay I can see how that would be scary. One of the scripts to flip here, and we get to this later, is that sometimes treatment is seen as you just do 18 months and things should all be resolved. As your experiences show, this isn't always the case - often things can move slowly or in fits and starts in the journey towards recovery.

@Judi9877 @Peonies @JulianSpectrum @BPDSurvivor @Maggie 

I was told many times by a previous psychologist that I was childish and manipulative 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.