Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// Life With NDIS// Tues 22nd June, 7-:8:30PM AEST

Hi SANE Community, 

Next fortnight, we will be welcoming Life Without Barriers to talk about all things NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)!Life with NDIS (1).png

NDIS

The NDIS stands for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, which is the major way supports for those living with disability are funded in Australia. This includes psychosocial disability, which can cover some living with complex mental health issues. 

Life Without Barriers are a nation wide mental health and disability service provider, which means they provide services under NDIS. They will be joining us to lend some knowledge about NDIS and give an overview of some of the services they are able to provide. 

Please join us here on Tuesday the 22nd June from 7-8:30PM AEST to follow the conversation and feel free to bring along your own questions also! 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

151 REPLIES 151

Re: Topic Tuesday// Life With NDIS// Tues 22nd June, 7-:8:30PM AEST

Hi Everyone, 

We're just under 20 minutes away from starting the discussion 😊 Tagging everyone who's supported this discussion so far 

@MrsFahey @Shaz51 @Lyra_reachout @eth @No3Sister @NIco @Krishna @Lilaca @Judi9877 @Appleblossom @Anastasia @alexbk66 @Luckymoo @Skeeta @bipolarbunny + others who may be interested @Gwynn @Adge @WIP @Mazarita @Abner @BraveOne @Determined @Eve7 @LearningWaters @Oaktree @Meowmy @Ophelia @Snowie @StuF @TAB @Flying_Hams @Ybother 

@TideisTurning 

Thanks for the tag! But I'm off to play tennis (quite badly, lol)

And I'm not a participant in the NDIS. I might have a read through later though 🙂

What do I have to do to join in - I am relatively new here

Hi @Oaktree 

Juat hang around here and refresh the page and new comments will show up as they are posted 🙂

Hey @Oaktree 

Happy to have you here!

To join in there are a few simple steps 🙂

Every 10-15 mins there will be a new question for our special guest and our community. If you keep refreshing this page, you will see all the new responses. Similar to how you use the forum normally, click the reply button to post a response to the discussion or ask a question. 

It can move quickly, so if you get stuck keep refreshing, feel free to tag me or @TideisTurning or we also have a how to guide with some more information (How To Guide: Topic Tuesday)

@Oaktree From what I understand just stay on this thread and reply to any questions or to raise something. Keep hitting refresh to see the new replies. Is this correct @TideisTurning ?

Thank you for your Tag @TideisTurning I am very happy to be notified of events/ discussions etc.

As I was Refused/ Declined NDIS, only a few weeks ago - after 3 months preparing Reports.

- I never got to find out what Life with NDIS Support is Like (or how Improved).

I am Disenfranchised by Refusals & "Falling through the Gaps" - Square Peg does not fit Round Hole etc.

So I don't see what (if anything) I could Contribute to this Discussion.

Thanks.

Adge

Thanks @Determined and welcome! 🙂

Not a problem @StuF 🙂 Enjoy tennis and feel free to check back in later
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.