Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEST

LE Topic Tuesday banner.jpg

This special edition of Topic Tuesday is to mark BPD Awareness Week.

We recognise that the experts in BPD are those who are living with it each day.

In the lead up to this session, we will be collecting questions they want answers to related to BPD and we invite those living with BPD to join this session to answer their questions, share their experiences, perspectives and smash the myths.

Hit the 'Like' button below to get email reminders and updates.

125 REPLIES 125

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEST

GOOD EVENING @Julie77 @Thear5 @Sarz @Abs @LeahMcK @soul @Treve @alikeness @Fairy @Dolf @Former-Member @the-janelane @Srb @aggieg  @MaryMahem @Shaz51 @Determined @24601 @LustStarrr @Sans911 @Clancy @Former-Member @Teej @BlueBay

I'm really looking forward to tonight!

Tonight I have a list of questions submitted by people through email and social media, about BPD. People were asked what are their burning questions and what are some of the things they aren't sure are myths or facts.

It's taken some people a lot of courage to ask some of these questions and I applaud them going to the effort to get a better understanding!

I will post the questions here throughout the night, for people living with BPD to answer what they feel comfortable answering. There's no wrong answer - you're all experts in your own experiences! 

So before we get into it - I thought I would throw it out there for people to introduce themselves (to the extent they can being anonymous) and ask you share a bit about what brought you here tonight Smiley Happy

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Hey! I thought it'd be great to check in to hopefully contribute some answers to the questions. I'm 38 and was clinically diagnosed with BPD in 2014, and try and remain as proactive as possible, another reason I'm here 🙂

Hi @NikNik, I am super excited about tonight's topic Tuesday. BTW, did you know that you have it listed as starting at 7pm AEST and we are now on AEDT? I super hope that doesn't muddle people. Smiley Happy

hi,
I have a diagnosis of bpd but not all of the mental health people i have had agrree with it. I think i have some symptoms that cross over with a bpd diagnosis from repeated trauma... but not sure.

Welcome @roachy !

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Thanks @Phoenix_Rising Changed 🙂

hello @NikNik , 6pm here but ready Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Phoenix_Rising, @Former-Member, @roachy xx

Welcome @Former-Member

Hey Guys - Also here to answer any BPD questions, it's been a long journey but the diagnosis changed how I cope with life. Looking forward to contributing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.