Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Hi @Former-Member - to quickly answer you question - there was a big push for Complex PTSD to be added to DSM-V, but it was left out.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Living with BPD - your questions answered // 3 Oct. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Thank you @NikNik for a great  night , thank you everyone Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry if I just muddled the muddle more for you, @Phoenix_Rising.

Thats what i thought 🙂 @NikNik thank you

@Former-Member wrote:
i didnt think 'Complex-ptsd' was in the dsm-V ? i thought it stayed as singular ptsd?

@Former-Member you are right. PTSD stayed as PTSD, and complex-PTSD sits somewhere else in the manual under a heading of proposed diagnoses or something (I'm not totally sure what the term is). This is partly why I have issues with it. It is being tossed around like a formal diagnosis, but as you say, it was never formally accepted into the DSM-V (goodness knows why!!!). In my view this further adds to the absurdity of people wandering around with the labels of both BPD AND complex-PTSD. Smiley Frustrated

@Former-Member You didn't muddle the muddle more. Trust me, I'm so lost in the middle of my muddle that I wouldn't even notice more muddle piling up upon the muddle. All is well. Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.