Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Hi everyone
I actually stopped my meds due to side effects
They were, dizziness, headaches, fatigue and cramping of the abdomen

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing side effects of medication // Tues. 17 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Hi @Lauz and everyone here. I'm really looking forward to tonight. Medication side effects are something I really struggle with so I'm hoping to learn how others cope.

The side effects I've struggled with most include nausea, lack of energy, increased agitation, and an increase in depressive symptoms. I have felt a strange sense of disconnect when I've taken certain meds before also.

hi @Shaz51 and @Shakeelah25,

Thanks for sharing those ones - also quite common and sometimes hard to express to people. I am glad you have come along to explore these

Ive Experienced full body itch for 6 weeks until I finally worked out it was my mental health meds. the dr and chemist told me i had scabies but i knew they were wrong. finally i googled the meds and found it was a less common side affect

Thank you @Lauz. I don’t know how long to expect this anxiety to last for when I’ve been on this new SSRI for 8 weeks now

Hi @Lauz. Withdrawals are very hard atm. I'm finding it difficult with my kids home to. But my head is feeling a clearer

I’ve been on various meds over the years so it’s been an interesting ride! Having a doctor who listens to your feedback and concerns is essential - they can help find an alternative that could be better.

yes @Lauz, my husband is playing yo yo with his meds because of the side effects of the medication

Hi @Former-Member, I can certainly understand that this choice may have helped you deal with side effects however more broadly we would really encourage people to consult with their GP or MH professional when changing or adjusting your medication. It can be highly beneficial in the long term to work together on this. Glad you have come to share your side effects though and when we get to the part of sharing ideas on managing them you may find some interesting thoughts!

Hi @CheerBear - those side effects are hard, particularly feeling a bit disconnected. Will be good to think about ways to combat that further into this discussion tonight

Hi all 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.