Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Stigma// Tues 14 May, 7pm AEST

Great topic to talk about 

Thankyou @Lauz  for allowing this to happen. 

I’m off to bed. 

Goodnight everyone ❤️❤️

@Zoe7 I was petrified to do it but feel a bit of sunshine has come over from all of you tonight...
so Thank you all so much 😊

@Zoe7 wrote:

I personally chose to rise above all the neagtivity around me and just do what I had to do in my job. I then had to make a very big decision to move from where I had been for so long to get away from what had become a toxic environment. That was the best decision I could have made as it brought me to an environment where looking after our mental health is not just supported but celebrated. It has - for me - been a real turning point in my progression forward. Beeing able to have those conversations around what I need and having supportive people to actually ask 'how they can help' is something that has really changed my persepctive on what a supportive workplace can be.

I also chose to rise above the narrow-minded family structures I grew up in - I did not need to be like them - I made the right choice

Having supportive conversations has always been valuable - my perspective also changed when I started to open up after I joined this forum - I find life less troubled since I found this excellent place to share - 

It is better to surround myself with helpful people - sometimes we have to shuffle of relationship with people who can be at least irritating - at most toxic - there are good people around - we need to learn to trust ourselves when it comes to reaching out

Dec

It would be great if you could head over to the Introduce Yourself thread which can be found here so others could get to know you too @Fracturedlight Welcome to the forum Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7 will do ❤

Thanks @Lauz 

I have enjoyed this discussion - I'm very glad I took the chance to join in

Dec

Thanks @Lauz

Thanks @StigmaWatch (even though you're gone).

Thanks everyone.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.