Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Kazz2
Casual Contributor

Hi

Hi there im new on here would love some people to chat with I suffer with mental health issues and nobody really understands 

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hi

Hey @Kazz2 , welcome to the forums, I'm glad you've found your way here 🌻 You'll find a lot of us here on the forums who understand what it's like to live with mental health issues 😊 

A tip with the forums: to tag someone when you respond to them (so that they get a notification), be sure to type @ and then their username, then click on it when you see it come up in the "users" preview box... so it tags like this @Kazz2 

A quick question- were you looking at connecting to others with similar experiences regarding their own mental health? Or to others supporting someone else living with mental health issues?

As you've posted in our Carers forum - if you were posting more about your own personal experiences with mental health, I can move your post from our Carers to our Lived Experience forum, where you might be likely to get the connections and responses you're after 🙂 Just let me know!

Kazz2
Casual Contributor

Hi I just want to chat with people like myself maybe get together help each other 

Kazz2
Casual Contributor

I have a lot of family issues because of my mental health so I'm a loner can count who I talk to in 1 hand im very lonely im 53 just had weightloss surgery 9 weeks ago and im really struggling 

Hello & welcome to the forums! 👋
I hope you'll find the connection and support you're looking for here @Kazz2 😊 Would you be able to tell us a little about yourself to start off? Only as much as you feel comfortable to share 😊 

Thank you so much for sharing a little of your story @Kazz2. I hope there will be some others find you who may be able to relate. For now, I'd just like to mention our safety guideline, in line with which we ask members to refrain from posting specific details of things like weight loss to prevent re-traumatisation of those who may be triggered seeing such details, and in so doing, promote the safety of everyone here 😊

Oaktree
Senior Contributor

Hi @Kazz2 

Welcome to the forums. I am 51 and also struggle with loneliness. My one dependable forum friend has gone on a break from the forums for the last month so I would appreciate a new friend. I had a lap band inserted in 2005 but we are not allowed to talk more about that. I have Bipolar Affective Disorder but my mental health has been pretty stable since around November last year. I am in a pretty good place. I talk to a psychologist once a week but I am considering stopping with that as I don’t feel as though I am making any progress and it’s frustrating as anything. I have a husband who is 10 years older than me and 3 adult children aged 27, 26 and 21. My daughter just left home to go study in Hawaii on the 29th April so we are pretty much empty nesters now. It’s a new phase of life and I am still finding my feet. I don’t really know what the future is going to look like. 
Anyway nice to meet you!

Meggle

Hi @Kazz2
and welcome

Kazz2
Casual Contributor

Hi there that would b so nice to have a new friend are u on facebook 

Rhye
Senior Contributor

Hi @Kazz2,

Unfortunately the Forums are anonymous, which means we can't ask for each other's Facebook details as that would usually mean you'd need to identity yourself and share your personal details i.e. email, your name. Most of our community members tend to build relationships in the forums by regularly participating in conversations within threads, so I'm going to provide a link to a post which lists many of the great social spaces within the Forums. I hope one or some of these might speak to your interests:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Looking-for-a-space-to-connect-with-others-Find-a-list-of/m-...

And this post might be helpful for general Forums navigation:
https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/Forums-how-to-general-tips-and-tricks/m-p/1155929#...

If you need help with anything else please reach out as we are happy to help 😊 You can always put an @ sign before someones name and that way they'll get a notification when you've posted to them, just like this @Rhye 

Take care,
Rhye

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.