Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

tyme
Community Lead

Reminder: Online Peer Group Chat on NOW! Power of Language

Hey Peeps!

Tonight's OPG is on NOW!

Tagging those online: @Shaz51 @Bill16 @Blackteeth @Bow @Ananym @Diamond-art @Krishna @Emelia8 @Meowmy @StuF @TAB @bazzy @creative_writer @LittleSteps @TideisTurning 

Thursday the 12th of May 2022 at 7:00 – 8:30PM (AEDT)! We will be exploring the Power of Language.

Language can be a huge part of how we express and understand a range of different topics. This Online Peer Group Chat, we will be exploring the impact of language, how we feel about language and our experiences towards our preferred language being used.

We are always on the lookout for new ideas, so if you would like to submit a topic or question, click here. We also release the transcripts for each group here in case anyone can’t make it. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts. Please see this FAQ if you have any questions! 

Time Zones: 

This Online Peer Group will be held at 7pm Eastern Daylight Savings time. Here is some information to make it easier to understand when to log on if you are in a different part of Australia: 

NSW, Vic, ACT & Tasmania-  7pm

Queensland- 7pm

Northern Territory- 6:30pm

South Australia- 6:30pm

Western Australia- 5pm

See you there!

tyme

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Reminder: Online Peer Group Chat on NOW! Power of Language

Good Evening @Ashira1 @Faith-and-Hope @Lookingforhappy ,

Just tagging you in case you were interested in joining tonight's Online Peer Group (see above) on Power of Language.

Kindest, 

tyme

Sorry am not up for anything atm @tyme

That's ok @TAB 

tyme

Still not on top of the tek.  Managed to see what was written but not able to type.  Thanks for welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear @Appleblossom .

I know it's taking a while, but rest assured, we are definitely looking at ways to make OPGs more accessible. 

We hear you @Appleblossom .

Thanks for giving it a go anyway 🙂

Hi @tyme .  My link didn’t open, and I am probably a bit too tired tonight to engage properly anyway, but loved the sound of the topic.  Hope it goes well.

🌷

That's okay @Faith-and-Hope .

Hope you have a good rest 😉

tyme

@tyme There seemed a limit on the amount of contributors. As I had a box that said 'type here': but every time I tried it would not work, and then tell me others were typing.  I persisted for 15 minutes, but then left.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.