Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Sandy-66
Contributor

SHARING WITH PEERS IS THE GREATEST SUPPORT

859547B2-D7C6-468B-AE18-D9B9A91389B0.jpeg

Just wanted to share with everyone these perfect words for today. There's something special connecting with others that share and understand your struggles and pain which is sometimes difficult if you know another doesn't really feel your experience in the same personal way. I've only just really started accessing these forums and there is amazing support and rescources available. I've actually had the app for quite a while but never really explored into it too much, most probably due to the headspace I was in at the time but it's very obvious that's when I should have tried because it's given me more than I realised. Like the words I've shared above it's also about sharing your own successes, insight, understanding and wisdom from your own personal journey. You never know the impact your words and insight can help another at a crucial time when that's exactly what they needed to hear. 
like I've already shared having Lived Experience peer workers walking along side of individuals that struggle to be really heard can make the difference in someone's journey, it's invaluable and the more this area of peer support grows within a whole range of services there could be so many more positive outcomes in so many ways that could possibly effect that person's choices effectively before things get worse. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SHARING WITH PEERS IS THE GREATEST SUPPORT

So true @Sandy-66  🙂 and well said 🙂

im pretty new here and don't always have a lot to add but I get a lot of support from these forums

i hope you have a beautiful day 🙂

That's great @Sandy-66! A good way to start the day.

Hi @ArtistZ 

Go well today everyone passing this way.

Just dropping by to say I can't support this highly enough @Sandy-66 

Pressing the button didn't feel like enough!

I totally agree. My biggest growth has come from connection with others and hearing their stories. But also through sharing my own and realising the meaning my own journey can have for someone else.

So glad you found the Forums 
- periwinklepixie 

Thank you Sandy-66,

This is so appreciated.  This space has helped me too.

Hi @Sandy-66 

Thankyou for sharing this. May I ask what is the app you are referring to?

Thankyou kindly.

Hope you have a great day.

Sorry it’s not actually an app it’s Sanes website just on my phone. Not good with all today’s lingo(lol)
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.