Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

wordman
Senior Contributor

recovery

Hello. I was diagnosed with psychosis in 1997. I would like to share my recovery experience to others who are struggling to find their way during recovery. Since my diagnose I have successfully maintained gainful employment and achieved home ownership. I hope i can inspire others that recovery is an important aspect to stable and good mental health. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: recovery

Hey @wordman, welcome!

Thank you for sharing your story.

That is so awesome that you have been able to achieve so much while managing your mental health. Very inspiring indeed!

Do you have any particular things that helped you along the way? 😊

Re: recovery

Hello Peregrinefalcon. Thank you for your response. Throughout my recovery i had always maintained that there are better things in life then living on a pension and wandering aimlessly. With hope and determination I was focused on achieving my goals and ambitions. My achievements have allowed me to forget about my mental illness, other then continue with my medication regime, and maintain normality in my life. 

Cheers Wordman

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.