Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forum News and Updates

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

December 2021 Community Wrap ๐ŸŽ‰

Hi SANE Community!

Weโ€™re excited to farewell the year with this monthly wrap, and to look back on everything that has happened in the forums in December 2021!

#๏ธโƒฃTrending topics:

๐ŸŽ‰  Celebrate a member:

@Dimity for your kindness, compassion and empathetic support across the forums community Smiley Happy

@MDT for leading conversations and forums discussions with honesty, vulnerability and hope!

@Appleblossom for your thoughtful questions and contributions to a wide range of discussions. You make the forums are richer place Smiley Happy 

@BlueBay for the kindness and love you displayed in tagging so many members of the forums in your Chirstmas thread. You have spread so much joy to others!

๐Ÿ—“SANE events in January:

11.png

Let us know what topics youโ€™d like to see in the 2022 in the:

๐Ÿ”ฆ Spotlight on:

In December we celebrated International Day of People with Disability and had a week long discussion around identity, language and impact. We also acknowledged Human Rights Day, and made a space to discuss what equality looks like for each of us.

The forums now has a how-to guide for posting about suicide online, diving into why and how we post about this topic safely โ€“ and looking at SANEโ€™s role in these spaces.

Take a look at the two Topic Tuesdays that occurred this month hosted by SANE this month! Our first on Finding Community: Feeling belonging and Connection with peer support worker @flybluebird.

The second on Strategies for coping during the holiday season with a SANE counsellor.

You can still view the discussions and hear from the community using the links above. 

๐ŸŽŠ SANE news:

The SANE Counselling and Peer Support Helpline team is taking a break at the end of the year, to rest and recharge. During this time, the forums will still operate as usual with 24/7 Moderation and support. You can read more about this here .

We are also accepting applications for the Community Guide Program! If you would like to apply, please see this post here .

The upcoming Topic Tuesday in January will be around supporting loved ones living with BPD in the Friends, Family & Carers forum, keep an eye out for this when we get back!

๐ŸŒธ Quotes of the month: 

โ€œI wish you all the best and hope you realise that this rough period will pass, like a rough ocean at the beach. Eventually the waves calm down and the ocean is calm and inviting again. Please stay strong and remember that you are a brave and courageous person!" - @Judi9877 

"Just having space held for me to be whether it's physical or online or even just in an idea of space being there. Like here with SANE forums. There is space that is held and open for me day or night. Crisis, questioning or recovery. Just knowing there's a safe space for me to just be me, even if it's for a breathe in a day or a week gives me the strength to show the world my true face with all my colours showing without the mask to hide behind. Oh and a space for laughter and Hugs" - @nony 

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

Tagging all those who supported our last Community Wrap

@ShiningStar @Former-Member @Rhye @Dimity @Fluttershy1 @eth @MDT @chibam @Anastasia @Shaz51 @Snowie @Emelia8 @Eve7 

1 REPLY 1

Re: December 2021 Community Wrap ๐ŸŽ‰

๐Ÿ™‚
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.