The Lived Experience and Carers Forums' service is provided by SANE Australia in partnership with mental health organisations around the country.
You must agree to these Terms and Conditions to use the SANE Forums (the Forum), which is accessible at saneforums.org. The Forum is provided by SANE Australia (ABN 92 006 533 606) (SANE) on a platform supplied by Lithium Technologies, Inc (Lithium).
These Terms and Conditions are in addition to the SANE Australia Website Terms and Conditions, located at https://www.sane.org/terms-and-conditions. In the event of inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions prevail over the SANE Australia Website Terms and Conditions.
SANE may amend these Terms and Conditions by posting the amended terms and conditions. Please check regularly for amendments. By continuing to access and use the Forum, you will be deemed to have agreed to the most recent terms and conditions.
The Forum is intended to provide a place for the residents of Australia to discuss mental health-related issues.
If you agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may apply (sign up) to be a member of the Forum. If SANE accepts your application, you will become a member. Membership is non-transferable. SANE reserves the unrestricted right to refuse membership, and to suspend, terminate or restrict members’ use of the Forum.
You agree to not disclose your username or password to any other person.
You may close your account at any time through your user profile. This will delete your profile data, except your postcode, which is de-identified (i.e. no longer associated with you or your username) and collected for reporting purposes. Additionally, all of your previous posts will remain but are de-identified and won’t be connected to your username.
Conditions of use - general
You agree that:
- you will comply with the Forum guidelines (as amended from time to time).
- you will not use the Forum if you are a minor or otherwise unable to form binding contracts;
- you will not post any false, misleading, threatening, defamatory or indecent material on the Forum;
- SANE does not guarantee continuous, error-free access to the Forum; and
- SANE is not responsible for the content of the Forum, which may change or be removed from time to time.
Conditions of use - liability
Subject to your rights at law which cannot be excluded, you agree that:
- you will not hold SANE liable for any loss (which includes any loss, liability and expense (including legal costs) on a complete indemnity basis) (Loss) or damage suffered as a result of your use of the Forum, whether or not that Loss or damage was caused by SANE, Lithium or another user of the Forum;
- you unconditionally release SANE (and our employees, agents and officers) from any liability or obligation (known and unknown) relating to or in connection with any dispute you have with another user of the Forum;
- you will indemnify SANE (and our employees, agents and officers) against any Loss suffered or incurred, and any claim, action, demand or proceeding made by any party, arising from or in connection with your use of the Forum, or your breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- in the event that SANE is found liable to you on any basis, our liability to you is limited to $100.
You agree that:
- you grant SANE and Lithium a perpetual, irrevocable licence to reproduce or use any intellectual property you create or post on the Forum for the purposes of providing and administering the Forum, and in the case of SANE only, for the purpose of medical and public health research;
- you will not use the Forum in a way which infringes the intellectual property rights of another person and you will not hold SANE liable for any infringement of your intellectual property rights in connection with your use of the Forum;
- you will do all things necessary to assist SANE and Lithium to be entitled to the 'safe harbor' provisions of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- a request for an individual post to be removed will be considered at the discretion of SANE Australia. You can request removal through the ‘Request Removal’ link in your post using desktop of tablet version OR email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and a link to the post.
- you can edit your own individual posts at any time through the tablet or desktop version of SANE Forums.
- if you close your account, the content of your posts will remain on SANE Forums, but will be de-identified.
If you believe your copyright has been infringed by content on the Forum, you may contact SANE at email@example.com or 1800 18 SANE (7263), or Lithium by mail at Copyright Agent c/o Lithium Technologies 6121 Hollis Street Suite 4 Emeryville, CA 94608, USA or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receiving notice from you, SANE, Lithium or both will act to remove or disable access to infringing material, and you unconditionally release SANE and Lithium (and their employees, agents and officers) from any liability or obligation (known and unknown) relating to or in connection with any material removed from the Forum.
In addition, you specifically acknowledge and agree that the Forum is hosted by servers located in Australia, the United States of America and elsewhere as SANE requires.
You consent to your personal information being transferred to and stored on SANE or third party servers, wherever they are located, and acknowledge that by providing your consent, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply and SANE will not ensure that oversees recipients of your personal information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
You agree that:
- SANE has advised you not to disclose private information about yourself or disclose or solicit the private information of any other user of the Forum;
- you are responsible for the use by any third party of any personal information (whether relating to you or another person) that you disclose on or in connection with the Forum; and
- you will indemnify SANE and Lithium for any claim, Loss or damage that may arise as a result of your disclosure, use or solicitation of the private information of any person (including yourself) by any other person (including yourself) in connection with the Forum.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, such a provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will continue in force. Delay or failure by SANE to enforce a provision of these Terms and Conditions or any other right does not constitute a waiver of that provision or right.
If you have any queries about the above terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com or call 1800 18 SANE (7263).
Last modified: August 2016