Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

Difficulty logging in

Hi Smiley Happy

I am having issues when I try to log into the forums. On one computer I can't get in at all, and on the other computer I can't get in using internet explorer but I can using google Chrome. I seem to get bounced between the SANE website and the mifa website. That is, I go to log in on the SANE website, get redirected to mifa, log in there, get redirected back to SANE and then it asks me to login and I get redirected back to mifa...and around and around I go. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be? Thank you Smiley Happy

10 REPLIES 10
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Difficulty logging in

Happened to me a few times - clear your cache and try again.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Hi @Phoenix_Rising,

I'm no IT wizz, but can I ask on what site did you register? I don't know if this has something to do with it. But I'm just trying to gather info, so I can pass it on to our IT person. 

CherryBomb

@CherryBomb I originally registered on the SANE site. 

@Phoenix_Rising thanks, I've just sent off an email to our IT person. He'll hopefully check it out on Monday. Smiley Happy

Hi @Phoenix_Rising,

How was your weekend?

I've heard back from our IT whiz, and here's what they wrote:

"what’s happening is that the cookie is redirecting them to MIFA, but the [Forums] system is redirecting them back to the SANE version of the service.

I can see on the forum thread that another member advised them to “clear their cache” but what they really need to do is “clear their cookies”.

The method for doing this varies from browser to browser so if the member is able to, they need to just google:

Clear cookies in Chrome

Clear cookies in Internet Explorer

Which should give them instructions on how to do that. If they aren’t able to do that, we’ll need to find out the browser name and version they are using so we can find the appropriate instructions for them."

@Phoenix_Rising, let me know how you go with that, and if you have any probs. 

Hope it works!

CherryBomb

@CherryBomb thanks for sussing this out for me. I will go and google how to clear cookies. Mmmmm cookies... I'm not sure how to clear my computer of cookies although I am very adept at clearing a kitchen cupboard of cookies...{wanders off to check kitchen cupboard for cookies}... Smiley LOL

@Phoenix_Rising wrote:

Mmmmm cookies... I'm not sure how to clear my computer of cookies although I am very adept at clearing a kitchen cupboard of cookies...{wanders off to check kitchen cupboard for cookies}... Smiley LOL

Love it @Phoenix_Rising! Smiley LOL

Baha, got me hankering for cookies now @Phoenix_Rising

52881639.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.