Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Sehnsucht
Senior Contributor

Medications

I notice some posts recently that have medications listed in them, by name.

When did this change occur? I really liked that we were made to work around it.
For me, being able to disclose medication/chemical names or their marketed names, sits the same as disclosing weights/numbers on Eating Disorder boards.

I feel too often we try to relate our experience of a medication or treatment to others and their treatments, and don't pay enough attention to our own. It is the reason I rarely disclose I am unmedicated. Too many times I am congratulated; I feel others look too much to replicate the experience of othera when they are unhappy, rather than work within their own variables.

Am I making sense?
4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Medications

Hi @Sehnsucht,

graphic or specific details of yours or others medication and dosages are not encouraged on the forums, as it trigger others. Please feel free to let moderators know of specific instances that you feel need more attention.

Warm regards,

Jojo

That is how I feel about it but couldn't explain. I can't find it anymore. I may have confused other forums or conversations today. But it is good to know that specifics are still not encouraged. It just feels safer somehow x
hope77
Senior Contributor

hi @Sehnsucht you do make sense. can only speak for me am looking for advice what other have done for everyday problems eg: getting through the day with anxiety. Not looking for what meds others are taking only interested in what the do like exercise or support Knowing I'm not alone in this fight.

The only thing I've to say about meds & therapy? "Because I'm just a pensioner disability? I'm denied meds off pbs that may have helped. Denied black dog trial (after being accepted!) Only to get to Sydney. Sent home because had no support or place to stay for length of trial. This was my lifeline. So wrong that my WORTH as a human IS BASED ON $ SINGS.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.