Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

shywarrior
New Contributor

Surviving CPTSD

Hey there internet land,

I thought to drop in & say hello!
(Oh my gosh, I’m so awkward lol.)

I’m super grateful to have been introduced to SANE as living with CPTSD is one tough gig. Sometimes it’s just helpful to know that we aren’t alone in our suffering & that we are loved & cared for. I’ve been on the NDIS for nearly 2 years for dealing with agoraphobia that was later properly diagnosed as a trauma condition, which effects me on a daily basis as I have a hard time leaving the house. It’s really difficult to function in a big world with a damaged nervous system from our past, we are constantly hyper vigilant to noise or any flicker of perceived danger.

I have personally found trauma informed therapy to be a complete game changer & inner reparenting to meet our needs. I also find the following things helpful: acceptance, gentleness, compassion, forgiveness, grounding, vagus nerve support, making room for big emotions, a thoughtful chat, positive memories, gratitude, affirmations, boundary setting, pets, tea, relaxation asmr or gentle back ground sounds, art therapy, music, body rocking & yoga.

It’s okay to create a safe space in the chaos to pursue your day, your interests & gain a sense of control vs being in times that very much felt out of our control. A good cry can also be freeing & grief is completely valid. Life hasn't always been kind, but I’m learning to be kind to myself & others ❤️

‘sanctuary’

noun
1refuge or safety from pursuit, persecution, or other danger.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Surviving CPTSD

A huge welcome to the SANE Forums community, @shywarrior!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

You have been through a lot and have some pretty amazing strategies and ways to create safe spaces for yourself and deal with some really challenging times.

I think this is a personal mantra all of us can benefit from: "Life hasn't always been kind, but I’m learning to be kind to myself & others ❤️"

So lovely to have you here 🤗

Welcome @shywarrior 

I hope you find sanctuary here.

Hi @shywarrior i have a lot of tendencies to experience what uve mentioned, i have been diagnosed with cptsd and my life is ina huge mess...recovery is hard.

I stand with u with empoathy.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.