Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Ilovepenguins
Peer Guide

ADHD and Autism

neuroempathy.jpg

Many of us here on the forums live with, care for, or know someone living with autism and or ADHD.

I for one, live with ADHD, my son lives with Au-ADHD and my youngest is currently a sensory seeking enthusiast.

It wasn't until I came across the illustration and explanation for spoon theory that Em, the creator of NeuroWild, posted on her FB page, that the term 'filling your cup' really made sense to me. Thus came my journey to gain more understanding and education so I could help the relationship between my son and I, and help him learn about, and understand himself more - it's also helped me understand me more and be more kind to myself 😊

Without the amazing works that Em creates and posts on her FB page and the free (mostly) resources she has posted here, my kids and I wouldn't have the peace, harmony and understanding in our relationships and home that we do now!

*I have been given permission to post the above illustration from the content creator. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ADHD and Autism

hi there @Ilovepenguins 

just to quick note of thanks. 

for sharing. 🙏

Re: ADHD and Autism

Thank you so much for posting this @Ilovepenguins . I feel this is one of the strengths of the Forums, namely sharing, contributing and collaborating. Thank you for opening up the conversation and for offering knowledge and options for others reading this. 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.