Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Helena92
Casual Contributor

Hello

Hi,

New here. Signed up with the intention of trying to connect with others who understand what it is like to live with mental illness and trying to deal with life. Have some friends in the "real world" but still can feel incredibly lonely and misunderstood at times so I thought I would give this a go. 

7 REPLIES 7
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Hello

Hi @Helena92 ,

Firstly, a very warm welcome to you! 

You have come to the right place where you can connect with others who probably feel somewhat similar to how you are feeling. I remember when I used to be surrounded by people, but still felt so utterly lonely - not a pleasant space!

Feel free to have a little browse around. You are welcome to type a topic of interest into the SANE search bar to help you. 

I'll tag some members who may pop by to welcome you too! @Shaz51 @Judi9877 @Anastasia @AussieRecharger 

Please reach out if you have any questions.

tyme

Hi, 

I joined for the same reason.

I have differed from Anxiety and Depression since primary school and now as a First time mum (Lockdown baby) it's been even harder not having had the support I would have imagined durring this significant life change. 

Loneliness is worse than a physical injury sometimes 😞 

You have my understanding and support. I can totally relate to people not understanding. What particular mental health illness are you dealing with in particular?

Trifle79
Casual Contributor

Welcome. It can be so hard with ‘real world’ friends where it’s helpful when they understand but you also don’t want them to have experienced the same struggles you have - I get this. 

Helena92
Casual Contributor

I've been struggling with anxiety and depression most of my life. My psychologist thinks i also may have undiagnosed ADHD (I'm 29) which would make a lot of sense too

Hi and welcome, @Helena92 , @TheHeart , @91struggles  and @Trifle79 ! 

It's good that you've all joined, and I hope you find the forums supportive. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply. 

You can also type any topic into the Search bar above to find threads on that topic. 

A good place to start and meet people is on the Good Morning!  thread (it runs all day). 

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums. 

hi @Helena92 @Trifle79 @91struggles @TheHeart  and welcome to you all. Well done to you for reaching out for some supports as i know thats not an easy thing to do so well done. please feel free to have a look around the forums and join in wherever you like. Please feel free to tag me using the @ symbol before my name just as ive done for you if youd like to talk about anything

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.