Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Motion - new pathways - air -sea -land -us

Hello @EternalFlower @StanD 

I wanted to come up with an idea that included all three of us as we have helped each other.

EternalFlower you welcomed StanD and myself and stayed with us.

That is the everlasting side of you that stands by people. A beautiful flower.

Is that who you are StanD. I just read that in your name. You are a person who stands by others. Caring and kind.

I am motion wanting to move in new directions find new meaning in life and move away from what has held me back for too long.

I love the boats on the sea and there are many all over the world

The aeroplanes fly all over the world also

What is your choice of travel StanD?

Your turns

Bye

311 REPLIES 311

Re: Motion - new pathways - air -sea -land -us

Hello @tyme and @chibam 

This is my first effort

Feel free to add anything

and allow me to welcome you both this time.

Hey @Former-Member !

Am I invited to your thread?

I love the way you have described 'motion' - no longer being held back by what did hold you back for a long time. New day, new life, new pathways 🙂

This is a real encouragement. 

I look forward to reading of your journey.

Cheers, tyme

I'm feeling so happy for us @Former-Member I wanted to reflect before I replied. These are my initial thoughts. I'm happy you were brave. I like how put my words in your title. I am valuable. 

What is my choice of travel? I have never been asked this question before. 

I'm feeling inadequate because I don't know the answer right away...I feel like other people are saying I am dumb for not knowing the answer.

I want to take my time and think. 

I have ideas. They are fun. Not the right ones.

Hello @tyme @Former-Member @EternalFlower @chibam 

I think it has to be flying. I have travelled on aeroplane once. Looking at the view outside the window, seeing clouds below me. I would love to try again. When the plane takes off. I like how it gets faster, louder intensity intensifying, then suddenly your floating in the air. It seems unreal. The plane trip I was on was about 2 hours. By the end, I wanted to get off. Feelings of claustrophobia. Feelings that bodies belong on ground not in the air. Feelings, that the whole time, my mind is using all it's distraction powers to keep me calm from the truth that I am up high & have a long way to fall. I am not the pilot. I don't know the pilot. I never met the pilot. I'm trusting he or she is keeping me safe, & all the other passengers.

I want to read what your favourite choice of travel is motion.

And Tyme , chibam, eternal flower.

You did so well @Former-Member and see all the replies 

Thank you 

Hi @StanD @tyme and all.

I always imagine myself on a boat . I feel it would be a way to rpotwct myself from regular life and all its craziness 

Where people are so cruel to each other. A little boat of warmth and care and safety. I think any place that is sparse and empty in a way makes me feel better than a place full of objects. More space to reflect and grow 

Tough call, @Former-Member . I love the sight of a modern airliner flying. But as a passenger - especially if you don't get a window seat - the experience is a bit ho-hum. Hours on end sitting in a crowded, sterile tube.

Haven't done a lot of travel by boat, aside from a few city ferry rides. I didn't mind it. Did some recreational sailing in my youth; just up and down the length of a lake. That was fun.

I guess in the end I'd have to say I prefer flying for long trips, because it's faster. I'm very much a purpose-driven person, so I prefer to get where I need to go as quickly as possible.

@EternalFlowerHi. I liked your boat idea. I have been thinking about it today. I liked everyone's responses. I might want to cuddle up in that boat .. How big is it? A warm place of refuge.

Good question @StanD a big ship which has cost rooms and lots of space 

I wander if there's something to it?

I have been thinking a lot about a retreat or getaways ....where would you go? How would you get there ? 

A cabin seems nice...

Yes @tyme 

you are invited

I will ask the other members if we might have an opening ceremony day

I love this

thank you for your help in keeping us when we first arrived and now we are here

@EternalFlower @StanD @chibam 

I will write more soon

Thank you all for your replies

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.