Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Crystel
Contributor

Question

Does anybody feel like they just want to give up sometimes 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Question

Constantly, with occasional, brief intermissions, @Crystel. I hope others will be along soon who will be able to offer you some sage advice or support. I just wanted to respond to let you know you're not alone. I hope the sun shines where you are today.

@Crystel,

Yes all the time and it breaks me that I feel like it as often as I do when I have 100 reasons not to and they all have to do  with my son. I try so hard not to let my mental health deterioration affect me so I don't become my mother and I get told all the time that I'm better than her just because I try to be a mentally present parent but I feel I'm screwing him up like my mother screwed me up.

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

@Crystel  

Every day

@Crystal Many times. We have this one life to live so from my perspective you really have to fight to make the most of it. The world will not provide everything you want, although it does provide everything you need. If you want something you have to make it happen. 🙂

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Thanks for your kind and well thought out words I really appreciate it and you’re right I’ve got everything that I need I may not have what I want but I guess that leaves me something to strive for and to work on I guess that will keep me busy

You can’t look at it like that you are not a screw up you are a work in the making a precious work of art that gets more expensive as time goes by. You only know what you are tought and learn so learn as much as you can and improve on the areas where you feel you are going wrong try to teach your child what you have learned and build them up to be a strong and independent person look at things in a positive way and keep trying to understand your child take the time to listen to them try to get them to open up as to have a good relationship with them so they feel that when things go wrong they can come to you and you won’t judge you won’t get angry but instead you’ll help them to understand and make sense of what ever it is they are going through 

Re: Just want to share my feelings and thoughts

I’m having an alright day my mental illness is not rearing it’s ugly head so much today I just thought I’d share something positive instead of problems. Happy face😘

Yeah like rn....
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.