Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BraveOne
Senior Contributor

Celebrations in Order

I am so friggin excited!!!!! this morning at my storytelling class I was able to talk about having PTSD and share one thing in my life about what its like.( With people I will see again )  I have never told anyone before in over 25years besides mental health professionals that I have PTSD.  I am beginning to find spaces that are safe to speak after having NO HOPE. . After so many years of debilitating isolation and disconnection and shame  I am being received in compassion , heartfeltedly listened to and known for what I struggle with. This is massive for me. I am beginning to feel liberated . Also one lady gave feedback later that she identified with my story and it felt quite intimate as she has anxiety however I crafted it in a way that didnt set off her trauma. SOooo goood to hear as I always worry about triggering someone else so say nothing...... Im finding my voice telling the real stories ,,,, what a relief I had given up and felt it imposssible . Thanks for hearing me out. Celebrations in order and its only 8:30am. Yayyyyy Whats that song??? I feeel gooood na na na na na nahhhhhhh

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Celebrations in Order

@BraveOne 

How wonderful- congratulations!!!

Cheering for you

Meggle

Wow that is AMAZING @BraveOne !! So happy for you!! xx

BB 🐰💙

Hi @BraveOne 

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us Smiley Happy

Wow! This is an amazing achievement and I’m absolutely thrilled for you!

Sharing our stories can take an enormous amount of courage and I can’t tell you how excited I am that people responded to you with interest, care and compassion Heart

Absolutely! Having the opportunity to speak our own truth can be incredibly empowering and from what you described, it also sounds as though the members of your group developed a sense of appreciation, awareness and respect for everything that you’re wrestling with Heart

Wow! For another member of your group to reach out to you is such a compliment and I love the way in which you sensitively guided the conversation to ensure that this was a safe experience for her Heart

Well done again for everything that you have achieved!

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

@Pato @ShiningStar @bipolarbunny @Oaktree @SJT63 @MIFANTCARER @Appleblossom @StuF Thankyou all for stopping by to read my post and your support.Your Presence and  acknowledging words  for this life I am living and risks I am taking to create  more supportive expereinces mean alot to me. Also thanks to those who have taken a moment to read my post today.  Being celebrated is NEW so know you are part of something amazing unfolding in my Life. Have an awesome weekend!

@BraveOne 

Dealing with and Feeling the Fear and doing it anyway takes HEART.

Heart

Group Process can be very delicate, but important for all of us.  Being seen and being accepted seems to be necessary to be able to move one.

Hi @BraveOne 

Thank you so much for your beautiful words - it was my pleasure Heart

Oh BraveOne Heart I’m so dreadfully sorry to hear that you haven’t been celebrated during your life Smiley Sad

As I read your story, I noticed so many wonderful qualities in relation to who you are as a person and I’m absolutely thrilled to hear that people are beginning to recognise and celebrate you Heart

I hope that this new chapter in your life is the beginning of something amazing and I’m really looking forward to hearing all about your new experiences Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

@ShiningStarThanks for recognising my goood qualities through my writing. I wonder what will emerge and hope Yesss that this is a blosssoming seed of support .and more celebrations of Me. 

@AppleblossomThanks for taking another moment to write words of encouragement.  So appreciated

Hi @BraveOne 

My pleasure Heart

Absolutely! This could definitely be the start of many more wonderful celebrations and I’m really looking forward to hearing about these Heart

Take care of yourself,

ShiningStar Heart

Congratulations @BraveOne you are brave 🙏💞🎉🏅

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.