Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I've had a difficult day

I've had a difficult day. I'm in a state of anxiety and I feel overwhelmed by painful, intense feelings. I feel like I want to cry but I can't, and I don't know why I want to cry.

The painful feelings are mainly in my solar plexus.

I'm grateful that's it night time and there is not much noise at the moment. I can't handle the noise of the day. 

I'm going to listen to an audio book now. I have decided to listen to "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. I'm hoping that listening to books like this will help me understand how I think and feel about God.

My Pug is snoring softly and it's a very relaxing sound. It's helping me to be present and breathe. I'm starting to feel a bit calmer. 

I'm grateful for peace and quiet, my Pug, my warm house and all the things that are helping me get through winter.

1 REPLY 1

Re: I've had a difficult day

Hello @Arizona 

Its nice to see you 🙂

I am sorry today has been a difficult day and that you are sitting with some difficult and mixed feelings.

It must be exhausting to feel like you want to cry but can't, and not know why you even want to cry. 

I'm glad you're here. I like connecting with you. Have you done any cooking of late, I think I recall you enjoy to cook?

I love this

" I'm grateful for peace and quiet, my Pug, my warm house and all the things that are helping me get through winter"

These are all so important, I'm happy you have them and your fur baby to comfort you especially when you are feeling like this.

I like how you have reflected on these things. Its such an important reminder to reflect on when we are low, I think it helps to remind us of what we have rather than what we don't. You are wise @Arizona  💞

Take care my friend 🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.