Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Meds

So I don’t want to jinx anything but I think my meds might actually be working the last 2 weeks. I am not hearing and seeing things as much and I am not so scared that everyone is trying to hurt me and I am starting to think maybe all that stuff before wasn’t real but I am still not 100% sure about that yet. But anyway I am on a depot injection and I want to ask to go to tablets the only thing is idk if they will let me and also idk if that is actually a bad idea. 

1. I am forgetful with taking meds so I am not sure if I switched to tablets would I keep forgetting to take them .

2. I do still hear stuff sometimes and sometimes get really paranoid and it doesn’t usually last long but what if that makes me want to not take the meds.

i want to go on tablets though because it means I could go visit my family who lives in another state for longer periods of time provided covid isn’t an issue anyway. But idk what to do that is if they even let me off the depot in the first place idk I am just feeling confused as to what to do. 

12 REPLIES 12
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Meds

@Eden1919  Hey hunny really happy to hear that things are going well for you. Personally I would stick with the injections. I am considering going on them in the future for convenience. Juggling heaps of pills is starting to get to me. xx

saltandpepper
Senior Contributor

Stick with what's working @Eden1919 the benefits outweigh the inconvenience in my opinion. Really nice to see you doing better too 👍

Hi @Eden1919, so great to read that you are having a better time of things with current meds. I'm with @greenpea and @saltandpepper about sticking with what's working. Having been with you on the forums at times when things have really been awful for you, I am so happy to read of better times for you. Heart

@Eden1919 wrote:

I think my meds might actually be working the last 2 weeks. I am not hearing and seeing things as much and I am not so scared that everyone is trying to hurt me and I am starting to think maybe all that stuff before wasn’t real but I am still not 100% sure about that yet.

@Eden1919  that's great to hear! 🙂

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@saltandpepper @greenpea @Mazarita @NatureLover  thanks everyone. i will stick with the injections for now and can always think about it again later. i mean at the moment i dont have a choice anyway but hopefully i can come off my treatment order soon. 

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Hi @Eden1919 - glad to hear that the meds are mostly working for you now. Have you managed to talk to your drs about the side effects yet or is the tradeoff of side effects vs meds working ok for you now?
Eden1919
Senior Contributor

@Gwynn  thanks, I haven’t spoken to the doctor about the side effects yet but I have an appointment soon where I hope too. 

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Well I saw the psychiatrist and there wasnt much they could do about the side effects but they want me to stay on the current meds and talked about adding some others for my mood but then decided not too yet because i wasnt sure i would remember to take them. they also said i would probably be on meds for the rest of my life which made me a bit sad but i will try not to think about that for now. 

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

@Eden1919, it sounds like they're giving you a worst case scenario. Do you remember the book 'the brain that changes itself'? It was a bit of a phenomenon back in 2007 or so. It's all about neuroplasticity and the person that wrote that wrote a new book called the brain's way of healing: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22522293-the-brain-s-way-of-healing It might be worth a try.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.