Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Exhusted
New Contributor

Professional help lacking

Hi, l have BP mainly depression. I am stable on medication well stable enough to hide the thoughts of suicide. Last week l was feeling pretty down and decided to be safe and phone my psychologist, he was on holidays and the guy l talked to was as useful as breast on a bull. He said he would discuss my case with the psychiatrist and get back to me. He did Monday afternoon after the weekend. I'd be dead if wasn't extremely conscious of my emotions at the moment. I spent the weekend with my ageing parents again without them knowing how bad l am. 

I have so many stupid things l have done and such guilt l carry which aids to my depression daily. I've lived with.this for nearly 20yrs and when l get s bad l try to do myself in8. Been very close but just don't succeed. 

I have 2 adult kids that are hurt everytime l try, which is understandable and causes more guilt and a sister that believes that she has the right to tell my daughter everything l have ever done wrong and bipolar is bullshit and just attention seeking. Which makes me angry even though l miss her soooo much.

If l could just get rid of the guilt l think l could maybe live a relatively normal life but don't know how to remove the guilt..So l will keep going on like this and finally one day I'll get it right. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Professional help lacking

@Exhusted Search the “worry tree” it’s a diagram that could assist you with the guilt your feeling. Hope this helps.

Re: Professional help lacking

Hi @Exhusted - so glad that you found us here. It's not easy to reach out and express what's going on, so it's a really important step you've taken there.

How is your relationship with your regular psychologist? What are the things that you have found that do help you feel a bit more secure and less guilty?

I found this conversation from a few months ago that might have some useful tips in it? Do hope to keep seeing you around the forums.

Feel free to drop into the social space and introduce yourself. 

How have the last few days been?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.