Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: An Update

Wow @MDT 

Sounds like you are in a really great place right now. Everything sounds so positive!

I love that you are understanding yourself better and even accepting thing out of your control. The bottom line is that you sound so happy and that is truly wonderful! Long may it continue. 

Good luck with the move.

Meggle

I appreciate that @Historylover

Thank you for saying it 🙂

Thanks @Oaktree

The hardest part is retraining my mind into knowing things are okay. Its weird to be doing that tbh

All of this is so great to hear @MDT - you have made tremendous strides in your self-development - well done.

Eventually young people need to make that step away from their families if possible. It's natural - we need to make our choices and take responsibility for our own lives. And this is a challenge - lots of a adventures - and it is rewarding - we find ourselves - or path - our future. I am so happy for you.

Reading Nietzche seems to be helping - I have yet to read any more - philosophy is a vast subject - starting way back when Thales started to question the cosmos and how it happened - through to Socrates, Plato and Aristotle. This is just the Greeks - all civilizations had their ideas and mythologies - and it is all so interesting. For me all of this broadened my use of English - working my way through the complex sentences - that helps me reading the small print in contracts now - everything helps somewhere along the line.

All the best with your move - may the sun shine on that day - just for you

Owlunar

Cheers @Owlunar for your support

I woke feeling quite yucky today. I took a while to get to sleep. Did some weights out the back and did just eat now so feel a bit better.

Last night I was anxious about 6 May due to the move but also due to the dinner I'm doing with my partner and mum and dad. It's the first time they've met my partner and I'm feeling nervous because there may be a bit of awkwardness as they may not understand her at times.

I need to just let go of all those things I can't control. That's true for so many things in life now.

Gonna sit here and read and write a bit

See you about
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.