Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

PeaceAndJoy
Contributor

Gay man, HSP, complex post-traumatic stress

First post here. Chose the username PeaceAndJoy as an aspiration rather than my truth right now. Still, every little step in the right direction will help. It's hard to find the words right now. My body and mind feel tense, contracted. I had a sound healing last night. I hoped that it would reset my body, that this nervous energy that is with me so often would ease off. The best I can say is that I was not so anxious last night that I didn't sleep at all. But I still woke at 4am feeling distressed.

I reach outside of myself so often - to other members of AA, to my sponsor, to Lifeline, to my stepmother, to my father, to spiritual mentors. I call and email and text. I would like to find a community of peers here where when I seek support, I can reciprocate by supporting others.

I'm a 38 year old gay man. I am likely to he highly sensitive in my physiology. I'm a deep thinker. I'm a sincere spiritual seeker. I'm a survivor of complex trauma. I have not found life easy for a long time.

I reach outside of myself so often. That's what I'm doing now. It's also what the cup of coffee beside me is - a reaching out to something to change my experience. I would like to find the calmness I seek within. To that end I will meditate now. 

I look forward to meeting some others walking this road and will do my best to offer support. I have a great deal of wisdom. Peace and joy to you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Gay man, HSP, complex post-traumatic stress

@PeaceAndJoyJust a quick hello and welcome. You will find many friends here. Love greenpea🙂

Morning @PeaceAndJoy and a warm welcome to the forums 😊

My username is Rhye and I'm a Peer Support Worker. There are a few of us here at SANE who provide peer support in the Forums, so if you ever need a chat or assistance you can always message one of us, or the moderator on shift, by using the @ feature, like this @moderator.

I'm sorry you're feeling distressed at the moment, it can be tough to wake during the night and feel those feelings 💙 It's great to hear that you're comfortable to reach out to others and make the connections you have, and amazing that you've reached out here to get to know this wonderful community! I hope you find the forumites a helpful, supportive bunch – I know many of our members could relate with the desire to find that calmness within.

I'm going to tag a few of our Community Guides who are wonderful at welcoming our new members and sharing some of their fave spots within the community: 

@Anastasia  @AussieRecharger  @BPDSurvivor  @Faith-and-Hope  @HenryX  @jem80  @Judi9877  @NatureLover  @outlander  @Shaz51  @ShiningStar  @Snowie  @Hams  @wellwellwellnez  @Zoe7  @Aniela  @Boo13  @CrazyChick  @maddison  @pinklollipop15  @Eve7 

It's great to meet you @PeaceAndJoy, and I hope you have a peaceful, joy filled day 😊

Rhye ☘️

@PeaceAndJoy 

I have really enjoyed youtube and podcasts to explore philosophy and spirituality.  The good side of the internet, and sites like this forum ...

There is also in real life ... 

Enjoy the coffee.  I used to be a cooffeeaholic ... to get going ... ha ha

now I settle on 2 per day ... which helps me be more calm.

Welcome

Hi @PeaceAndJoy and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I think sometimes our first post is the hardest post. 

It sounds like you have some practices in place to help you along the way and some people to reach out to also.

I hope you find the connections and support you are looking for on here. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sending good vibes your way and hoping the day has been kind to you.

Hello and welcome @PeaceAndJoy  I participated in a meditation sound healing workshop recently and slept soundly that evening for the first time in months. Have now subscribed to Live In Flow where I have access to many meditations and sound healing and am finding it really beneficial in reducing my anxiety levels. Starting to feel much more relaxed practicing 3 times per day. Spiritual journeys are such an inward thing, going within to find peace calm harmony yet the benefits expand outwards. I wish for you peace of mind and a smooth journey on your path 🙏

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.