Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: I dont know why i exist

Hello @dhanib

I hear your pain and your honesty.  They are positive traits. .. to be able to feel vulnerable and see life for more than superficial things.  I also am in the strange place where my basic material needs are met, but yearning for me ... too old ... lol ... so nothing romantic on this site ... lol ... its safer and best to be clear.

Smiley Happy

What has helped is to use my education and time to do things that do matter to me, even if I dont matter to others.

Smiley Happy

Perhaps you can shift your focus to volunteering in a cause that will make a difference.

Smiley Happy

In my work I have seen a lot of new migrants put far too much pressure on their children to perform. It is part of the reason I let my business wind down after 25 years. I can see without the social support structures of extended family, village or local people, even though lots of young people grow up with "bright" prospects, if things dont work out they may be alone.

Australian urban areas are also very fragmented communities.

The good life in the lucky country .... hmmmm.

But there are decent people in the world and for all the ills of technology, we are trying to use it to do good here.

Smiley Happy

Maybe you do need to work on being less needy and more content with your decisions to date.   Younger kids have better training ..  Geniuses and WunderKinds satisfy some parents, but only in a superficial way ... eg ego pride. True love and happy marriages are far and few between.  If you see some signs of affection somewhere ... dont jump to FOMO ... (fear of missing out) ... there will also be other issues ...

Everyone walking the planet has some cross to bear ... in christian metaphor .. you may have another saying to mean something similar.

Smiley Happy

I have seen a lot of racial issues all my life.  My mother was a New Australian as they were euphemistically called back then, but my dad was home grown.

I have an Australian accent which my mother was ashamed of ...

Yet I always felt more comfortable with other new Australians of all colours and stripes, cos bottom line... my dad died and had no family... so the Aussie connection stopped right there in 1971.  Unfortunately 4 of my Australian born relatives died too young and the newcomers proved to be materialistic, and uncaring so now I have very complex understanding of racism. Personally I dont believe in the concept of race on a biological level ... I see geographic/social/ethnic differences ..."Cultural" is a good cover it all word.

Heart

Personally I have been treated worse than many animals.\But I am still alive.

Smiley Happy

This is a country of huge ethnic mix.  We have to face that and work at the issues involved to be able to have some kind of community.  I am and have always been prepared to do that.

I am sure there are some things .. outside of your niche job ... that you could turn some of your skills towards ... and feel better about yourself ...in the meantime, I hope the forum gives you some connection and the courage to try out new things.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.