Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Introducing myself

Hi @musicfanatic

I’m doing ok and in a safe place constantly watched. Today was tough and more ect tomorrow.

thank you for asking. How are you

Eve7

I hope the ECT helps @Eve7 and im glad you are in a safe place. I hope you get some sleep and tomorrow goes ok for you too

Aww thank you @outlander and I hope you can find a gastroenterologist. I have one who charges like a wounded bull for the first visit but after that he just bulk bills but you need private health for an endoscopy.

thanks @Eve7  hopefully something comes up soon but might just start by seeing one and go from there. need to try and talk to my mother tonight . 

How is your night going?

Hey, I hope it goes well with your mother @outlander 

My night has been quiet, not able to have visitors, so it’s just nurse and me until I go to sleep. Hopefully after ECT tomorrow things might relax a bit.

thanks @Eve7

ive been in a hospital before where it was only me and the nurses too. it gives a good opportunity to chat with them more without worrying if others are listening or feel rushed.
I hope ect goes well tomorrow and that you might be allowed visitors soon too.

Thanks for telling me that @outlander . It’s good to know someone else understands. I was really afraid when I first came in and didn’t talk to any of them and they haven’t tried to pressure me which is good.

my head is so out there that I don’t want to talk and convince them I’m crazy. The psych was so kind on the weekend and again today that I’ll try and be more open with them.

its so hard but I know you understand. Take care 💛

I was terrified @Eve7 I got taken straight from my gp to one hospital watched by security in a small room for around 6 hours before being transferred to another hospital ward where I was the only one in there. it took me a few days but I managed to settle and speak with the nurses abit and got help before I left. it was hard to approach them so I waited till they were out of the staff room and then ask to chat. they didn't pressure me either but sometimes wished id spoken to them sooner or they approached me sooner rather then me trying to build up to ask them. Their staff room overlooked the rooms etc but had glass and doors alarms etc on it for their safety so was quite intimidating esp to someone so unfamiliar with it.
im glad the psych was kind too, I hope he/she continues to help you so you can heal in a nice environment

That’s what happened to me @outlander @I went straight from GP to hospital for a few hours and then was moved to private. It’s certainly a nice environment from what I’ve seen. I will try and talk to them now that I’m a bit more alert. I slept most of last week and whatever they gave me on the weekend has helped too.

I just didn’t think this would ever happen again.

Are you feeling any better now? I don’t just want to talk about me 😱

Thats ok we can talk about other stuff @Eve7 ive just got home from babysitting now and showerd and laying in bed.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.