Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Haha with the heatwave at 15 @Maggie, but not with it having been so cold where you are. It's icy cold here this morning too but very still and I can hear so many birds chirping away.

Thank you for your very kind comments and for listening to my random stories 💗

How's your day looking today?

@CheerBear  Talking about birds. Saturday I had two silvereye birds in my tiny yard. About a mtr away from me. So beautiful. I’ve never seen them so close before.

Cleaning that has to happen today @CheerBear  i can’t avoid it any longer. Then this afternoon I will go for a short drive and walk, all short.

Love random stories @CheerBear  Hows your day looking?

I had to Google silvereye birds @Maggie. How beautiful! No wonder they're called silvereye. That would have been great to have had them so close. The apricot tree is where my little coffee spot is and soon it will be bouncing with birds. Sometimes I am lucky and awesomely interesting birds pop by and come close without knowing I'm there. Always a highlight of my day 😊

Ugh cleaning. Monday is usually the day I do a bit of it myself so I can get ready for my volunteering gig the next day, so I have a bit of that too. I had a meeting this morning with a tricky parent as part of the school thing I do but that's just been canceled so I am plan-less (and relieved that I don't have that on). Plan-less is not a bad thing. I'll probably pull out the canvas I've started and keep going with that for a while 🙂

@CheerBear  I saw the word canvas, and cleaning disappeared instantly, I wonder if that’s what’s called enlightenment??

Good the tricky meet is cancelled. Do you enjoy the gig tomorrow, or does it get better once you arrive??

Haha I felt a sense of that when I was writing @Maggie. Head explosions at all the pretties that can be created - that's a super feeling!

I love the gig I'm doing. It can be difficult to get to when my head is being tricky (self doubt times a million) and when I'm tired, stressed etc (as in all the time 😏), and it's been a big out-of-comfort-zone challenge, but as soon as I get there I usually feel OK and it's a very supportive environment. It gives me meaning and purpose beyond parenting /motherhood. It's interesting, challenging, feel good kind of work and with the lived experience I've clocked up now, I feel like I can do well at it too and maybe make a little difference out there somewhere. It also gives me a hint of the me I used to be and some hope that the things I want to do are achievable. Lots of good in this one 🙂

Definitely lots of goods in there @CheerBear . I get all the self doubt, tired feelings mixed in, but having something outside of motherhood/parenting would be soo good. I guess I’ve never had the knowledge of who I used to be, I’m more stumbling across some hidden treasures and enjoying the find. Life’s a complicated puzzle of mixed colours.

You give me big smiles @Maggie. The idea of stumbling across hidden treasures is so great. I think that kind of thing is something that helps me keep going. It's not knowing when or where a treasure might be found but knowing they are there. Knowing they can be found in moments with silvereye birds, drops of metallic paint on a stone and virtual coffees with people you'll never meet in person but who have a great impact on your life.

And puzzle of mixed colours. Very yes.

I hear feet and the sound of a dryer that's finished with uniforms so I better run. I hope there's good out there for you today 💜

Hi @Maggie  @Shaz51 @Sherry @Mumi @Zoe7 @CheerBear 

Hope you all have a good day today.  Getting a nice drop of rain here which is great.  Fingers crossed it heads out west where we could really do with some.  It's nice to hear how much comfort and joy you all get from your fur babies.  I've never had a pooch of my own which is kind of sad.  

Nice job on the scones @Shaz51 .  They look delicious. 🙂

Morning @Gazza75 and everyone who might come by.

Crossing fingers for some rain where it is needed Gazza. It's a stunning morning here. I'm having a should and could battle - should go the supermarket, do some washing, clean up... could paint outside in the sun with the birds instead 🤔😉

We've never had a dog either, though 2/3 of mine are wanting one badly. I'm a cat person myself. I like their attitude to life 😁

Hope there's some good in the day for you (all) ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.