Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

samt31
Senior Contributor

voices and drs

I saw my psychiatrist today with my mum. he may want to change my medications but it depends on my ECG. seeing my gp on friday. after seeing the results of that test she will advise the psychiatrist what to do next. i have been off work for the last 6 weeks and not seeing the psychiatrist till april so see what happens. Really don't want a change now as if iam not stabilsed iam worried i'll be back in hospital again

I told him that my voices are strong though he thought in the future he will put me on a night medication to sleep to and help with night voices.not much else he can do...

after my injection i have dissy spells and not sure why. Been out of hospital now almost 3 years and what i have been on has worked. has anyone been on meds that have worked only to have them changed?

my brothers voice as i stated in voices was strong, its got stronger and i have two voices my sister inlaw and my brother...sleeping not very well maybe causing this i don't know...

samt31

5 REPLIES 5

Re: voices and drs

Hi @samt31,

I understand your concern about the change in medication. For some people, this can lead to an adjustment period where things need time to stablise. Finding the right medication can be tricky, as different people have different reactions. May I ask why your psych wants to change your meds.

@Queenie and @Former-Member mentioned throughout the Forums that they hear voice - I wonder if they might have something to add here about changing medication. 

Hi @samt31 yes in the past I had meds which worked and then all of a sudden I grew tolerant to them, so had to change or increase dosages to the maximum allowable. I have what is called treatment resistant illess, in that as good as meds might work for me, they lose their efficacy after a while (despite being medication compliant). 

I've found that with this hot sultry weather in consecutive heatwaves in my area, my meds aren't working as well as they should. I believe it is because of drinking more (therefore urinating more) and also sweating heavily is effecting the levels of medications in my system. Added to this my medications should be kept at room temperature and temps inside in the house are high above normal room temperature (I am now storing them in the fridge). Therefore I am finding myself more jumpy, paranoid and hallucinations are more often.

hi @CherryBomb since i have been dropping blood pressure after my injection he is worried about the effect its having on me.. so see what my GP thinks on friday...i  might go on a night med for sleep but he said its down the track...everything now depends on the ecg..

HI @Queenie yes its not easy with meds..

in hospital i experienced lots of different meds then just before i was discharged they finally got me on the right one.so that is what could be happening to me that they might not be working much anymore? who knows i will post friday after seeing my gp...

so i saw my GP today man did i get some insight to my scripts. my psychiatrist won't give me scripts anymore so i went to my GP. she can only give me one box of the meds i need for my injection. so annoying so now i have to see him again to get the script..

My ECG was normal s if see him again before april he can decide what to do with my meds..

samt31

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.