Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hahaha @Former-Member .... love the treadmill meme ....

Former-Member
Not applicable

Found a gadget for you @Faith-and-Hope

Water-Walker-Spa.gif

@Faith-and-Hope

Sorry I thought that being a carer for my son as well as having mental health struggles.

Cheers

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shazz66

There are those on this side who both care for a loved one as well as have their own diagnosis.

There may be issues that crop up due to your caring role that us other carers might be able to help you with.

Hi @Shazz66 .... good to see you here.

It's a real mix on the forums.  Being a carer has brought a lot of issues with it ..... mental illness often becomes a family or group issue, and can run in families too.  

I am a carer for a husband who doesn't realise he is unwell.  He thinks the eating disordered behaviour he is invested in is a healthy lifestyle choice.  There are personality issues driving the eating disorder, and these have affected our youngest two adult children who are struggling with anxiety and depression.  I have another one with an intellectual disability.  She is on the Austism spectrum.

How has your day been ? 

Things are relatively quiet here for me today.  My husband is travelling interstate, and the kids are settled with their own activities.  I am doing study homework.

Hi @Shazz66.

Similar story here. Adult daughter with MI diagnosis, adult son with neurological issues coupled with high IQ (which is a frustrating mix...), parents in aged care and the rest of the family showing the strain one way or another. I see a psych regularly for backup as a carer and management of my own depression. So we're a pretty understanding bunch here.

I love the gadget @Former-Member .... 👍

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope 😀

How was your day.

Pretty relaxed today @Former-Member, which is great, cos I can get my head around my work .....

Went to yoga this afternoon and the air conditioning wasn't working. So we ended up doing hot yoga without intending to. I hadn't brought any water but had some big glasses when I got home.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.