Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Queenie
Community Elder

International Happiness Day

Hey Saners,

It just came up in my Facebook news feed from another mental health organisation that today is International Happiness Day. Pity it's only come up at 4pm my local time, but what's something we can do (however small) to maintain a bit of happiness? 

For me, it's music. My life is brightened by all sorts of music... a boppy dance song, a classical symphony, a throaty ballad, or headbanging rock anthem.

How about you, what brings a smile to your dial?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: International Happiness Day

It's the little things in life that bring a smile to my dial @Queenie. The cricket that landed on my arm last night, the rising sun showing the promise of the new day, the grass pushing through the cracked earth after a decent drop of rain. Seeing my friends starting to achieve some balance in their lives. All small but also signs of rebirth - the inherent hope emerging from the darkness. 😀😆

Great thread @Queenie 🙂  I didn't know about international happiness day but I applaud anything that gets us to think about ways we can help ourselves be more happy.  There's a great book called 'The How and Why of Happiness' that provides lots of science-backed strategies to help with this.

What makes me happy at the moment is checking out my daughters instagram feed.  She's still pre-teen so it's all about DIY slime and playdates - very innocent and carefree.  I know this stage won't last forever but for now jumping on there a couple of times during my work day really gives me a lift.

Thanks for the happiness reminder!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Fancy that, A HAPPINESS DAY, sounds like a real party... Well, maybe a reminder to have gratitude and express joy and deliberately make a conscious effort to create pleasantries in our mind and immediate surroundings, in the here and now. 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.