Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Dark_Olena
Senior Contributor

Alot of panic thinking

My son is 33 and newly arrived in Madrid on break from mining in Papua. He will be staying back packers hostels. I googles Madrid and only 27% speak some english and not very good. My son is not answering my messages. I know the time difference and I was trying to message at his time between 8.30 and 10pm. 

I am in a bad state in my mind right now. Forward negative thinking is my mind always has been,  am always in survival mode, ready for dealing with bad things. I at least just want to know if he is settled, but not having him answer is making me so sick with fear. Having no answer is giving way to all types of terrible scenarios. Feel like vomiting now.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Alot of panic thinking

Might it be a possibility that your son is having trouble recharging his phone battery?.. 

Meanwhile, try and breath and take a few hours of faith that he is protected and safe. 

@Dark_Olena 

Hi @Dark_Olena 

How are you today? Have you heard from your son? I'm sure he's fine but I know how hard it is in this situation. My own son is currently in Japan working at a ski resort. He didn't answer my messages for a few days and I was panicking. I had all sorts of horrible thoughts as to what happened to him. He gets back to me finally and says, oh hey mum been busy working and was too tired to message you when I got home. OMG I was so relieved but also a little mad at him! There are many explanations as to why they don't respond as soon as we would like!

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hi, 

@hanami My son did eventually get back to me. He sent a bunch of historical photos of Madrid and the ham, wine and salami. Foodie here, him and I. He didnt answer in regard to my messages, but I'm so relieved. He did mention before his travles not to worry if he didnt answer straight away. I talked to hubby and he said, our son did say something about setting or getting a new SIM card.

I am always the forward negative thinker. Thankyou for your reply and I'm glad your son got back to you. We never stop thinking about our children:) 

@Dark_Olena I'm so glad to hear that. We don't even stop worrying that's for sure. Forward negative thinking has always been my specialty. If my husband is late he had a car accident, if my kids were late home from school they were kidnapped. If my mum doesn't reply to a message she's had a heart attack. I am slightly better than I used to be but I've kinda accepted this is the way I am and I just push through. 

❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.