Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Olga
Senior Contributor

Clueless

What happens if you lost the ability to sleep at all? When you try till 2 am only to resort to a sleeping pills? And that happens night after night. How am I meant to start a job like this???

6 REPLIES 6
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Clueless

@Olga  Hi Olga my mum suffers dreadfully from insomnia. She find only one heavy in strength sleep pill works for her when she is desperately in need of some kind of sleep. I am sorry to hear you are suffering from the same thing. Love peaxx

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Hi @Olga ,

It must be really frustrating to feel like you can't get to sleep without aid. I'm wondering if you have seen your GP about this?

Here with you,

Heart from cloudcore

Olga
Senior Contributor

Yes @ cloudcore, I will do that. I got an appointment coming up. Don't know if she can help but I will try. Thank you

Hi @Olga 

Sorry to hear this is happening for you at this time. Just curious if you have tried some deep breathing and/or guided meditation? Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riGu0wJjOKU there are plenty of others you can try. 

Anyway just an idea. My dad always used to say "count sheep" but for me these days a meditation usually does the trick. I hope its sorted quickly for you.

Take care!

Hey @Olga 

What happens when you go to bed?  Do you just not feel sleepy or are you awake with thoughts?  What is your bedtime routine like and what are your current distractions?

Thanks

Aussierecharger

Olga
Senior Contributor

Hi @AussieRecharger, no I am often tired but body is restless , limbs wiggly like worms. Also hot at times, like waves pulsating through body. Its menopause I am sure. I sleep here and there 20 min but that's it. After a while feel really awake and alert. I function okay in daytime so husband is worried I become manic as impossible to function on such little sleep. I only sleep an hour with sleeping pills so thats not an option either. I am seeing my GP next week. Thank you for your concern xox
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.