Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kateeg84
Senior Contributor

Don’t know how to explain how I’m feeling

I am struggling at the moment. I don't feel like I'm bad enough to go to hospital, I'm taking my meds, I'm seeing a counsellor.. I work part time and I love my job but everything seems to be getting on top of me at the moment. I thought I dealt with the grief and loss from losing my partner but I don't thi I have as my sister loosing her partner has triggered me. I don't know how to explain how I'm feeling. I don't know what to do. I have tried mindfulness, distracting, talking to support.. what do you do when you feel your not in control? Any ideas much appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Don’t know how to explain how I’m feeling

@Kateeg84 

What do you feel you are not in control of and why do you need to be in control of it?

Re: Don’t know how to explain how I’m feeling

@Kateeg84Hey Sweetie,

Its ok to feel how you feel. Grief takes its own time to heal.

I still have days when i am deep in the grieving process. my mum and daughter 2010 and 2011.

I find that when i feel overwhelmed and/or out of control, I have to many things happening, to many commitments and i need to say no to some or all of them.

Take a couple days off and do you. if that means sleeping all day that's ok.

I say no to things and people, and set aside a weekend where i just do things that help me feel like me.

Remember that if you need time from work because of these feeling of overwhelm, burnout and out of controlness, taking time to heal is the same as healing from having a cold/flu.

Hugs Nony

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.