Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

chibam
Senior Contributor

Help Service For Beaurocratic Problems?

Is there any sort of service available to help people with their beaurocratic problems? I know that during that robodebt fiasco there were several suicides because the poor buggers being targeted wound up in a nightmarish beaurocratic merry-go-round they just couldn't get out of. So I'm just wondering if, in the aftermath of all that, whether there's been some sort of service created to help people cut through the red tape and resolve their beaurocratic grief?Smiley Sad

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Help Service For Beaurocratic Problems?

I've had some success with paperwork through getting a disability advocate to act on my behalf with the NDIS, and also by ringing up Legal Aid in my state for advice on another matter.

I don't believe that a government that is so incurious about the suicide rate from robodebt would put the effort into creating a service to help poor people with beaurocratic nightmares.

Re: Help Service For Beaurocratic Problems?

Hey there @chibam,

I'm not entirely sure of the services you might be after, but if you're seeking assistance with Centrelink payments then Economic Justice Australia have a list of community legal centres that offer free advice on issues like appealing a Centrelink decision, Centrelink debt, applying for a Disability Support Pension and more: http://www.ejaustralia.org.au/legal-help-centrelink/

Best of luck with it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.