Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

wild_rose
Senior Contributor

Irrational Anxiety Over Being Alone

Does anyone else have irrational anxiety when alone?

I finally managed to get out the house and visit a friend for the weekend now lockdown has ended.

My friend has had to go and do some work stuff and I'm sitting here heart racing, thoughts racing and hating being on my own.

It's not something I'm use to, generally I don't mind the space of being alone and once I found 'me time' quite cathartic. Not at the moment. What on earth is wrong with me. I want to message my partner, but promised not to disturb him much as he is also at a friends place.

I hate feeling like this

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Irrational Anxiety Over Being Alone

Sorry to hear how you’re feeling @wild_rose. It can be really difficult to calm those racing thoughts sometimes; and so hard to feel like you’re not your usual self. Well done for getting out to see your friend today.

It sounds like you’re wanting to connect but don’t want to contact your partner, so good thinking to reach out here Smiley Happy

There are some social threads like this one, that you might like to join for some company tonight. Take care and please keep posting. There’s always someone to listen here Heart

Re: Irrational Anxiety Over Being Alone

hello @wild_rose  your definetly not alone ,Ive also felt anxcious lately ,it can be quite scary feeling that way,its good that you are taking steps to get out of your house,hopefully that can help,I find it helpfull ,maybe being around friends can help too,feeling disconnected prehaps,sending good vibes your wayHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.