Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

TW how do you know when things cross over to an emergency?

how do you know when or if thingss are becoming an emergency? like how do you know that things are so bad that you need help right then? idk how to explain my question properly i just dont know like do you have to have already done something or just thinking about it or what if you dont know if you will or wont do something but you feel really bad and things arent good and then you cant function as well and all you can feel is all consuming darkness but if you arent physically in trouble and it is just your mind or if you might physically be in trouble but you dont know because it is still in your head but it might come out but you cant tell then is it maybe an emergency or does it have to be worse than that? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: TW how do you know when things cross over to an emergency?

@Eden1919  when I am in trouble I dont realise I am in trouble. I am so sick that I just dont realise it only people like my family or a professional like a psychiatrist can pick up the signs.

You’re probably the the best judge of what you’re capable of. If you’re worried, they say having a safe suicide plan can help but if that’s how you’ve been feeling, would definitely address it with your doctor ASAP.

@Eden1919  I don't have any help I can offer, but for me, it's a feeling that I can't take anymore. I am only replying because yours was a cry out for support and only greenpea replied. Just sending my best wishes, @Eden1919. I hope today is better for you. Take care.

Edit: And now Ntice has replied too. 

Hi @Eden1919 - I would tend to say that if all you can feel is all-consuming darkness, that's probably worth contacting your people about. I don't think it has to be worse than that.

@Eden1919
If I have ever felt really really really bad I go to hospital to explain my situation and go from there
I don't think there needs to be physical proof of anything
It's in the mind that these things exist and I think this warrants enough reason to do something
Not everything we experience in the mind needs to be manifested physically for it to be warranted as serious my friend
I hope you find some answers

Hello @Eden1919 ,

I agree with @Ntice and others, that when you feel overwhelmed in the way that you have described, it is time to seek outside assistance. That can be family, mental health triage and support lines at the very least.

With Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

thank you all i have a lot to think about. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.