Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

i was about to go to hospital as well for my foot.

it was frozen from the cold but now its heated up i need to refreeze it. its bitten straigh throgh the strong pain releivers and i can hardly move it

its so painful

but i think its the least of my worries right now.

i am just not coping

Cry and scream into a pillow. Punch it. Vent here. Do what you need to @outlander. Losing your nan would be devastating but losing your beloved horse, I cannot imagine. You must be absolutely gutted my friend. 

Does your horse have colic?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Don't know why you changed threads outlander unless you are trying to get rid of us!Lol ,hmmm
Sorry about your horse,what's the medical condition?As for great grandmother,you are lucky you've had her this long unfortunately that's life.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Put the foot in warm water ,and put socks on girl.

@Queenie yep she has it and its the worst i have ever seen ever been through.

i had her walking and getting up for 4 hours. the vet came and gave her a few shots plus tubed her to get her rehydrated.  a few times she layed down and i couldnt get up up. i jsut couldnt i was willing her so much to just get up and keep walking with me.

i never want that to happen again. i couldnt run away i had to stay. the vet needed help and in this wind i was coping a heap of the stuff he was tubing her with.  and it still might not be enough. she started showing good signs but it doesnt look to good now. ill be there first thing in the morning to check again and if shes not ok ill ahve to call the vet, their next step they had suggested was to put her down if these treatments hadnt worked

ive already lost my nan, my best friend and to loose my great grandma- the only person who i could see who reminded me so much of my nan may not have long to live left either. i know shes in the right place but it doesnt make it any easier.

@outlander your foot would not have been helped by standing on it while assisting the vet with your horse in this cold weather. I really feel for you, physical and emotional pain is a terrible combination to deal with.

not trying to get rid of you at all @Former-Member

jus thought a new thread would be appropriate

the medical condition is called colic- like a huge stomach ache with the insides twisting.

ive tried heat, ive tried ice, ive tried my pain medications ive tried it all for my foot

ive also been walking on it none stop for 4 hrs @Queenie

everythings jsut came crashing down.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes seen colic in horses had to get them up and moving.Yes,the foot is cold and inflammed,all you can do is rest it.Its raining miserable here I think you are in SA?We are supposed to get snow next day or so.Is your horse rugged?Or in a shed?

This horse isn't D is it? Colic is awful, it comes on so sudden and there is only so much you can do for them. It must be terribly painful for them. I know if the time comes, you will make the right decision @outlander. You would have a sore foot from walking on the injury for all that time. Unfortunately it seems you have already tried everything I would have suggested to help with that. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.