Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: rough time

Good night @MDT  😴

my goodness that was a long session with your psych @Former-Member but it sounds like it mightve been a good session?
Have you been able to have some downtime to reenergise abit (not sure thats athing we carers do though 🤔😏)
aw im glad talking here has helped you, i was getting worried it was too much for you...

Do you have many plans for tomorrow at all?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes I think a standard session is meant to be an hour, but they always end up at least an hour and a half. Today was her last apt for the day,. She is very generous with her time, always has been. When I did the blocks of ET she actually didnt charge me for some sessions. Id run out of medicare sessions of course. She said Medicare just do not cater for complex MH issues, and she is very right about that. Last year too, when I ran out of medicare sessions, she gave me heavily discounted rates. Which made it affordable for me. As she owns the psych practice, she can do that I guess. She has her psych business for sale now, which she told me about in December. So that is quite a distressing thought. But she says that she will continue to practice, but in a reduced role. She just doesnt enjoy the admin side of running the business. She also has youngish kids and a therapy dog breeding stud. So its a lifestyle and family priority decision for her. Not sure where she will practice from once she sells, but she said she would retain any of her long term clients like me. 😀

Yes it is difficult to find down time, as a carer. And since I didnt get home until 6.30pm, it was straight into dinner prep. But after dinner I watched some tennis and cricket.

Plans for tomorrow? I need to go grocery shopping. And normal household chores. Thankfully no medical apts for hubby tomorrow.

Sherry 💕

Wow what a wonderful person to have as a psych @Former-Member so kind hearted too.
Oh im glad she will still keep her long term clients despite selling the business!

Im not a fan of the cricket or tennis. pop loves the cricket though so wil often hear and see bits and pieces of it.
I was watching im a celebrity get me out of here. Was really funny tonight! And now just watching the end of criminal minds while crochetting and talking to you. I dont think ill be asleep for a long while yet.

It sounds like an easy going day for you tomorrow or well i hope its easy anyway
💕💗💕.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander I love the cricket, in fact almost all sport really.

I have been watching IACGMOH. Its kinda silly, but a bit of fun. I like that they have a couple of ex pollies there this year in Lambie and Dastyari. Couple of former AFL players too. I like Luke this year though, and I hope he wins.

I used to crochet a lot, but havent now in years. Same as reading. 

Hoping tomorrow is quiet. Have my step son, his wife and 4 of our grandkids visiting, so got some preparations to do. Grocery shopping is only the start. They live abt 6 hrs drive from here. Staying in a caravan park for 3 nights, then here one night. With young kids they wanted kids activities. Besides, there really isnt room here to comfortably accommodate 6 visitors. Too much for hubby too, as he remains very unwell, and little kids are so exhausting! But his son may make the half hour drive from the van park tomorrow or Sat to spend time with his Dad. He hasnt seen him since hes been so sick these past 15 months.

I will bid you good night now though. Thank you for your company. 😊  I hope you get some quality sleep. I know you've been triggered, so sleep will likely be difficult. Aim at least for some rest.

Sherry 😴

Yeah tonights ep was heaps funny. Maybe youll ge tto watch the catch up tomorrow. Itll make you laugh it did for me even though inwas triggerred.

That sounds really lovely and a nice tome to spend with family too esp since its not an everyday occurance.

Yes you are right little kids are tiring and can be abit much esp if its more than an hr or 2 at s time.

Goodnight @Former-Member sleep well thanks for chatting and for your company 💕

Morning @Snowie @Sans911 @Former-Member @CheerBear @MDT @Owlunar @Former-Member and everyone
Hoping todays a good one for you all

Morning @outlander and all.

❤ to you for the (understandably) difficult day yesterday. Hoping there's some calm in your day today.

Thanks @CheerBear 💕
Its looking like a quiet day here. Mostly waiting for people to pick things up. Ive just put princess diaries part 2 on and made my second cup of tea if youd like to join me?
Im going to try and finish the blanket today. I am only one and half sides away but i had to spend yesterday yarn hunting cause i run out and couldnt source any in quite a few shops i looked in but i found some thankfully 🙂

Sounds great @outlander 😊 (especially if it is cool enough to be having tea!)

It's annoying when you run out of yarn but great you were able to pick up some more! Cant wait to see it 🙂 I'm trying to get moving on some housework (trying but that's as far as I'm getting!) so I can spend the rest of the day doing not a whole lot. Maybe if I get some of it done I'll pull out a project. Lost a little motivation with it lately but would like to get back in to something.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.