Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// End Of Year, YOUR Way // Tuesday 19th December 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

On Tuesday 19th December, join us for a discussion together with one of SANE’s counsellors, about the end of year period, what this can look like for us, and how we can explore different ways to do it our way.  

TT DEC IG tile.png

The event start times across Australia are below:

WA: 2:30pm 
NT: 4:00pm

SA: 5:00pm 

QLD: 4:30pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 5:30pm 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hope to see you there in the chat on the night!

105 REPLIES 105

Re: Topic Tuesday// End Of Year, YOUR Way // Tuesday 19th December 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

Hey everyone!   

The discussion will be kicking off in 10-15 minutes on this thread! To come along please refresh this page at 5:30pm and join the conversation.  

In this discussion we will be talking about:   

• The expectations associated with the end of year season and coping with these 
  • Balancing tradition with what works for us 
  • making EOY celebrations work for each of us individually  

We can’t wait to see you there at 5:30pm!   

Tagging those that have interacted with the post/ or that are online right now and might like to join the discussion: @Healandlove @Stara @batty30 @Just @starpanda @Weavnwyrd @Glisten @Patches59 @Snowie @Captain24 @creative_writer @Shaz51 

Re: Topic Tuesday// End Of Year, YOUR Way // Tuesday 19th December 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

@amber22  Link?

Can’t find the link. 

Hey! @Glisten 

The Topic Tuesday actually takes place on this thread - so just keep refreshing to see the responses when it hits 5:30pm 🙂 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Have a look here if you need more info: Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

We would like to start by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the various lands across Australia we are all joining this discussion from. We pay deep respect to the Elders of those Countries, past and present, and we further extend that respect to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with us tonight, reading along, or reading back. Tonight we are joined by our special guest from SANE’s team of counsellors, @BigSkyCat who I will now invite to introduce herself 😊   

We also want to hear from our community- what brings you to the discussion tonight and anything you may be particularly hoping to get out of the discussion (I.e.  if there is a question you have), or, if you would like, we also encourage you to share a self care plan for after we wrap up the discussion this evening. 

Hello 😊 My name is Sarah and I am one of Guided Service counsellors and used to work on the support line counselling as well. I have lived experience of complex childhood and adult trauma, as well as depression and anxiety that I eventually realised were symptoms of trauma. My journey in supporting others with mental health challenges started with volunteering with Lifeline, then as a peer worker in a psychiatric hospital. I completed my master’s degree in counselling in 2022. I emigrated from the UK in 2007. Art and cats have always been very therapeutic to me . I discovered, at 51, that kayaking is too, especially where there is a lot of space around me and a big sky!

Welcome to the discussion! @Healandlove @Glisten @Patches59 🙂

My self care plan for tonight will either be doing some genealogy or diamond art prior to taking my 2 cats to bed with me

Hi I'm online but don't know how to join? First time 

That sounds great following your special interests @Patches59 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.