Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Music is Medicine// Tuesday 18th April 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

you are awesome my sister @Appleblossom 😍

Yes I dont think i expect anything from an artist either. same thing, i want them to know what their music meant to me, what impact it has had, that I understand to some degree what they were expressing, to encourage them to keep going, and to have that sense that we are all in this wild thing called life together. I really respect what sammi said about social media too. It can be so triggering to post something and get such varied comments and perspectives, and sometimes unexpected conflict. sometimes it feels safer not to share. so i feel for the sense of exposure a musician or artist may feel and the need for some self protection and boundaries. must be hard too when people reach out and there is only so much you can do. that said, we can have a big impact with a small gesture of kindness.

@Appleblossom I love this!! How good are you!! I thrive off challenging the norms! My fave artist of all time is the Beatles by the way!! 😉 Dance is the sister to music, it only makes sense to do both!

Hey @Shaz51 

I Participate in a great thread! 🙂

Anyway, had to quickly say before I eat and this discussion ends- I would not be here without music. Period. Or at least I wouldn't want to be 😎

Hope it's been a good discussion!

Our final question is for both @Sconstantine & our community; Why is it important to speak out about and share experiences of mental health through a platform that works for you? @Blossom497 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Oaktree 

just listened. so clever and powerful! I dont think i can mimic that theatrical screaming though! wow!!!! hahah!

Thank you for sharing that ❤️ @StuF 

Why is it important to speak out about and share experiences of mental health through a platform that works for you?

When I was at my lowest point, I wished there was more music that touched specifically on things I was going through. I think it would've made me feel a lot less isolated and I think it's really important to talk about these things as openly and honestly as possible, without leaving the listener in a dark place. I hope that my music does that for as many people as possible.

I'm so glad you & Mr. Shaz did that @Shaz51! Turning it up and revelling in it is amazing. Dance parties can such a wonderful release. I have to admit a lot of Sammi's songs would be great for a dance party soundtrack in my opinion!

To reduce stigma of mental illness in general @TideisTurning 

Meggle

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.