Skip to main content

Support Promote Advocate

for Borderline Personality Disorder

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TideisTurning
Peer Support Worker

Topic Tuesday// Suicide: You Can Talk About It// Tuesday 31st October 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

On Tuesday 31st October, we’d like to invite you to join us to explore talking about suicide safely, caring for those living with chronic suicidality, and the importance of speaking out rather than suffering in silence, with a few of the SANE Team.  

TT October 23.png

 

This discussion will likely be triggering for some as we talk about suicide. We strongly encourage you to take a moment to reflect if you are able to talk about this as you can always read through the discussion later. If you would like to participate, please take care of yourself first (including tapping out of the discussion if needed or reaching out for extra support) and be mindful of our guidelines, particularly around safety. 

The event start times across Australia are below:

WA: 2:30pm 
NT: 4:00pm

SA: 5:00pm 

QLD: 4:30pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 5:30pm 

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

Hope to see you there in the chat on the night!

122 REPLIES 122

Re: Topic Tuesday// Suicide: You Can Talk About It// Tuesday 31st October 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

Hey everyone!   

The discussion will be kicking off in 15 minutes on this thread! To come along please refresh this page at 5:30pm and join the conversation.  

In this discussion we will be talking about:   

• Language when safely speaking about suicide 
  • Safety plans and the importance of them 
  • Normalising speaking about suicide with others 

We can’t wait to see you there at 5:30pm!   

Tagging those that have interacted with the post/ or that are online right now and might like to join the discussion: @defaultusername @Lilacraven @Eden1919 @Jacesther @ProggyPanther @Patches59 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @LLEW_8431 @Captain24 @Glisten @Badger @chibam @Zoe7 @creative_writer @lemlem678 @Snowie @Bow @Kyle1 

Re: Topic Tuesday// Suicide: You Can Talk About It// Tuesday 31st October 2023 5:30-7PM AEDT

We understand that this discussion tonight may be triggering for some people as we talk about suicide. We strongly encourage you to take a moment to reflect on whether you are up to talking about this topic right now, as you can always read through the discussion later. If you would like to engage, please take care of yourself first (including tapping out of the discussion  or reaching out for extra support if needed) and be mindful of our guidelines, particularly around safety when sharing. 

If you need support at any time during or after the discussion, here are some places you can reach out to: 

• SANE Support Line – 1800 18 7263 (10am-10pm) 

That said, we would like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the various lands across Australia we are all joining this discussion from. We pay deep respect to the Elders of those Countries, past and present, and we further extend that respect to any Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people with us tonight, reading along, or reading back. Tonight we are joined by our special guest from the SANE team, @Snowdragon who I will now invite to introduce herself 😊  

We also to you from our community what brings you to the discussion tonight and anything you may be particularly hoping to get out of the discussion (I.e. if there is a question you have), and/ or, if you would like we encourage you to share a self care plan for after we wrap up the discussion this evening.  @Shaz51 @defaultusername 

Hi everyone. I have worked for over two decades supporting both young people and adults in their mental health journey. I joined SANE in February this year and very glad to be joining you tonight. 

A good topic - not talked about enough!

I am joining the discussion as I think it's an important topic that there isn't enough understanding/meaningful conversation about, and to hopefully be able to share some of my insights. I have some plans tonight to look forward to following the discussion. 

Hello @Snowie , 

Hi @Shaz51 and others

Hello @chibam , @puzzlingdino. @lemlem678 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

privacy statement | disclaimer | contact | Australian BPD Foundation Limited ABN: 83 163 173 439

We acknowledge and respect the traditional custodians of these ancestral lands. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.